Update on Cory Joseph's visit to UCONN, per Findlay Prep coach

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Looking for a reason to be optimistic that Cory Joseph will ultimately decided to attend UConn?

Here's one: Joseph has an aunt from Glastonbury and he spent time in the Hartford area as a kid. He even attended a UConn game when he was 12.

Joseph, a point guard from Findlay Prep in Nevada who is the among the top-rated guards in the nation, made an unofficial visit to UConn in August and an official visit this past week. He took in First Night festivities, watched the first practice and got a closer look at the UConn program than he did while watching from the stands about six years ago.

Joseph is very comfortable in Connecticut and his family is high on UConn.

"That makes it, obviously, somewhat of an appeal or a draw," Findlay Prep coach Michael Peck said. "I think they like it. His mom and family like it, and maybe the mom has it higher on the priority list than he does. But I don't think that's going to be a make-or-break type thing. He'll consider it, but I don't think it's going to come down to that."

UConn is not the only school Joseph is considering that has another connection to him. He has visited Texas, where former Findlay teammate Avery Bradley plays. And in two weeks, he will visit Minnesota, where his brother, Devoe, plays. Joseph is scheduled to visit Villanova this coming weekend.

Of the UConn visit, Peck said, "He had a good time, a really good visit. He thought it went very well."

Peck said a few weeks ago that he expected Joseph to wait until the spring signing period to decide on a school. But that might not be the case.

"I don't know that that is a locked-in thing," Peck said. "That was my feel at the time. I could see that still. But I could also see him contemplating after all his visits are done and taking a week or so to look at things, start to lean one way or another or start to favor one school. Nothing would surprise me."

Peck said he talked only briefly to Joseph about his UConn visit and it was tough to tell how much the time in Storrs might have influenced him.

"Cory is one who kind of just, if he experienced something that was outstanding or terrible, I think you'd probably get the same expreession or feel or read from him," Peck said. "It's just kind of his nature. He doesn't get too over-exciting or [upset] about anything. But I think he's processing it."

http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_mens_basketball/2009/10/cory-joseph.html#

Go Gophers!!

I don't understand how you draw that conclusion Bleed? Is there something you know outside of what is stated in the article??

I don't understand how you draw that conclusion Bleed? Is there something you know outside of what is stated in the article??

The other poster quoted the blog, verbatim.

I think Brandon Knight (#1 rated PG in 2010 class) may have the biggest impact on whether or not CJ attends UConn.

You would think a brother playing somewhere would have a bigger draw than an aunt living somewhere else, but ya never know.

The other poster quoted the blog, verbatim.

I think Brandon Knight (#1 rated PG in 2010 class) may have the biggest impact on whether or not CJ attends UConn.

UConn also has freshman point guard Darius Smith (a one-time Gopher target) on the roster. He was a Top 70 recruit last year for the Huskies, too.

Plus, that coach didn't really go overboard in his assessment on Cory and UConn. I read that as slightly positive for us.

Whatever happened to the Jim Calhoun scandal that broke in March??? Did that just go away? Mother Joseph seems to be very protective of her children and I doubt she would want her son being coached by a cheater.

Top Bottom