Upcoming Gopher Classics on BTN

It was a dead ball penalty, after Johnson dropped the pass. So the technical order of events were:
1. Dropped Pass on 4th down.
2. Iowa gains possession of the ball due to turnover on downs
3. Iowa unsportsmanlike penalty, results in a 15 yard penalty on Iowa's 1st down, placing them at the 7 yardline.
4. Fleck's unsportsmanlike penalty, offsets the previous penalty, 1st down Iowa, at the 22 yardline.

If it hadn't been a deadball penalty, then yes Fleck running onto the field would have cost us a 1st down but we would have replayed the 4th down from the same spot and not lost the ball.
If the Iowa penalty was a penalty on the field and the fleck penalty was a dead ball penalty

we would’ve been first and 10 or 25 from somewhere else 15 yards back

Which is closer to what would’ve happened then them both being called during the play (offsetting)

According to BTN website, but my DIRECTV is different. Just be aware...

Friday Oct 9 schedule now deleted, changed to Wednesday, October 7th and different games:

11:00am
Minnesota Football Classic: Nebraska at Minnesota - 10/26/13

Philip Nelson rushed for two touchdowns and passed for another to lead the Golden Gophers to upset the 24th-ranked Cornhuskers with a 34-23 victory.

1:00pm
Minnesota Football Classic: Purdue at Minnesota - 10/18/14

David Cobb rushed for 194 yards and a touchdown and Ryan Santoso kicked a 52-yard field goal with 4:59 left to cap Minnesota's comeback over Purdue

3:00pm
Minnesota Football Classic: Purdue at Minnesota - 9/24/05

Gary Russell scored three touchdowns, including the game-winning score in double-overtime, to help the Golden Gophers upset the 11th-ranked Boilermakers.

This show will also re-air:

Oct. 18, 2020 10:00pm

4:00pm
Minnesota Football Classic: Wisconsin at Minnesota - 11/8/03

Wisconsin at Minnesota - 11/8/03
Lloyd's 35-yard kick gave the Gophers (No. 18 ESPN/USA Today, No. 24 AP) a 37-34 win over the rival Badgers on Saturday. And Lloyd didn't forget the Axe. The kicker led a stampede of Gophers to the Wisconsin sideline, grabbed the trophy and paraded it around the Metrodome field.

Also, Saturday, October 10:

5:00pm
Minnesota Football Classic: Minnesota at Ohio State - 10/14/00

Minnesota at Ohio State - 10/14/00
Ron Johnson had eight catches for 163 yards and a 3-yard touchdown reception and came up with the big plays on three other scoring drives for the Gophers as the Minnesota Golden Gophers beat No. 6 Ohio State 29-17.

Oct. 16, 2020 2:00am
Oct. 23, 2020 12:00am

Last edited:

The 1981 Ohio State game is on right now.

Saturday, October 17

10:00pm

Minnesota Football Classic: 2002 Music City Bowl: Minnesota vs. Arkansas - 12/30/02

2002 Music City Bowl: Minnesota vs. Arkansas - 12/30/02

Oct. 22, 2020 10:00pm

The 1981 Ohio State game is on right now.
Did you see the hit one of our defenders made on a WR from OSU? Man, almost took his head off. Helmet to helmet in the most violent way possible. The announcers said, "good hit." My how things have changed.

Oh, I was at that game. Saw the tipped pass for the winning TD from very close up. A rare happy moment as a kid going to games.

Did you see the hit one of our defenders made on a WR from OSU? Man, almost took his head off. Helmet to helmet in the most violent way possible. The announcers said, "good hit." My how things have changed.

Oh, I was at that game. Saw the tipped pass for the winning TD from very close up. A rare happy moment as a kid going to games.

The Gophers won? I recorded that. Where was the "spoiler alert" dammit! :giggle:

Just watched both of these games. It's funny, but after just 2 years of watching Tanner Morgan throw darts all over the field, I forgot how frustrating it is to have a QB miss open receivers.

That was quite a finish. Mike Hohensee was a darn good quarterback. Art Schlichter was no slouch either.

I never got a chance to attend a game in Memorial Stadium.:(

That was quite a finish. Mike Hohensee was a darn good quarterback. Art Schlichter was no slouch either.

I never got a chance to attend a game in Memorial Stadium.:(
Until Schlichter ended up in prison of course...

I want the Tyrone Carter Syracuse game. I watched that about 30 times as a kid. Either of the Fresno State games were really fun too.

Watched the 2005 Purdue game last night. Our old ST were row 1, second deck, right at home plate and looking directly up the sideline. We loved being by the students.

I remember Maroney's opening TD coming right at us, and seeing the 4th down break-up right in front of us. That was a really great game. Cupe played a great game, Maroney was out of sight. PU was overrated at #11, but we beat them anyway.

In case you're up late (or early).

Friday, October 16
12:00am

Minnesota Football Classic: Ohio State at Minnesota - 11/7/81

Jay Carroll scored three touchdowns for the Golden Gophers' in their 35-31 win against the Buckeyes.

1:00am
Minnesota Football Classic: Minnesota at Ohio State - 10/14/00

Travis Cole threw for 243 yards and two touchdowns to help lead the Golden Gophers past the 6th-ranked Buckeyes 29-17 in Columbus.

Oct. 22, 2020 11:00pm

Then...
Saturday, October 17
10:00pm

Minnesota Football Classic: 2002 Music City Bowl: Minnesota vs. Arkansas - 12/30/02

Dan Nystrom tied an NCAA record as he kicked five field goals for the Golden Gophers in their 29-14 upset win against the 22nd-ranked Razorbacks.

Oct. 22, 2020 10:00pm

Top Bottom