Up Recruiting Game

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Only 2 conferences now matter. The SEC and Big Ten will grow to 20 teams. Everyone on the ouside no longer matters.

That means all the 4 and 5 star players are playing for teams in these 2 conferences.

The Gophers will need to up their recruiting game starting next year if they want to compete for a title in the new landscape. Being in one of the 2 Super Conferences certainly helps. But now the goal needs to be a top 20 recruiting class every year, otherwise they're just a school collecting a check with a lot of losses coming at them.

Last edited:

Only 2 conferences now matter. The SEC and Big Ten will grown to 20 teams. Everyone on the ouside no longer matters.

That means all the 4 and 5 star players are playing for teams in these 2 conferences.

The Gophers will need to up their recruiting game starting next year if they want to compete for a title in the new landscape. Being in one of the 2 Super Conferences certainly helps. But now the goal needs to be a top 20 recruiting class every year, otherwise they're just a school collecting a check with a lot of losses coming at them.
AMEN

Who knows, maybe with NFL lite they actually try to even the recruiting playing field for the teams in the two super conferences...Like star quotas for each team...

Recruiting wise I don't think much has changed with the recent events.
I'd agree, the real change happens when one or both hit the 18 member number and the remaining conferences haven't won a CFP championship in awhile. Then the writing on the wall for 20, 24, or 28 team conferences is too strong and I think the dominoes start falling.

The writing is already on the wall. The coaches better sell that sh!t because it's true.

If you don't play in the Big Ten or SEC, then you are irrelevant at the highest level of collegiate football.

We need major NIL money to compete. Who on this board has an extra billion to throw at players 🤔
The gophers have one of the lowest levels of financial support from boosters. They will likely be struggling to compete with the majority of other programs in the Big Ten and SEC

The gophers have one of the lowest levels of financial support from boosters. They will likely be struggling to compete with the majority of other programs in the Big Ten and SEC
It not because the Alumni base doesnt have they money, its bc football for far too long was not worth putting your time/money into. It wasnt an enjoyable experience.

Only 2 conferences now matter. The SEC and Big Ten will grow to 20 teams. Everyone on the ouside no longer matters.

Good luck with that when Minnesota and the states surrounding it have like 5 four star plus players.

The writing is already on the wall. The coaches better sell that sh!t because it's true.

If you don't play in the Big Ten or SEC, then you are irrelevant at the highest level of collegiate football.
I don’t see why the teams outside the giant conferences are now irrelevant.

Too bad Mike Lindell blew his money on politics. He could have been legendary if he had spent those millions on Gopher sports.

Big Ten and SEC will form their own playoff. They will have the money and power to do it.

That's how every other conference will be irrelevant.
But if both conferences grow enormously, isn't that just re-shuffling the deck? In terms of our ability to land recruits, does it matter if USC is in the Big 10 or Oklahoma is in the SEC? Under this hypothetical, I assume people are saying the non-Big 10/SEC teams that recruit better than us will be joining one of these conferences (Clemson, Florida State, Oregon, Miami), so we wouldn't gain anything there.

What are the teams outside of the potential super Big 10/SEC that we will suddenly leap frog?

In terms of competitive balance, honestly, I have no idea how the transfer portal is going to change college football after the dust settles and I have no idea how consolidated conferences will change college football.

The NIL stuff is the biggest change in my books. The other stuff, I don't like, but I can't quite picture how it will all shake out.

We need major NIL money to compete. Who on this board has an extra billion to throw at players 🤔
I think we'll see a B1G NIL collective that gets created to help B1G schools compete with the SEC NIL's that have been created. Just a hunch, but frankly that is the only way schools such as Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern et al, schools with integrity will have the ability to compete with SEC schools. With the Money the B1G is pulling in and their rumored (maybe it's not a rumor any longer?) Billion dollar contract, they'll have the ability to level the playing field with the SEC.

What happened to college sports!! Sad days indeed, but will be interesting to watch this play out!

Big Ten and SEC will form their own playoff. They will have the money and power to do it.

That's how every other conference will be irrelevant.
Why would they do that? So a team will be champion of like 40 teams and the other like 75 teams will have a different champion? I’d say that would make the champion of the 75 or so teams more relevant by the numbers.

Why would they do that? So a team will be champion of like 40 teams and the other like 75 teams will have a different champion? I’d say that would make the champion of the 75 or so teams more relevant by the numbers.
They already do this with FCS, FBS, D.II, etc.

The true champion will be between the Big Ten and SEC because that's where all the elite players will be.

This is an insane take.
?

It's the haves and have nots. You're either with the two Super Conferences playing for the natty or you're not.

The current playoff agreement expires in a couple years. There's no way the Big Ten and SEC let the other weak @ss divisions have a seat at their table.

The SEC and Big Ten will play each other for the national title. The others will cry and moan and claim it's not a legit championship without them.

Nortre Dame will have to join or be left out. The ACC schools will be looking to disband and join a super conference. Clemson, FSU, Miami to SEC. UNC, Notre Dame, and Virginia to the Big Ten.

?

It's the haves and have nots. You're either with the two Super Conferences playing for the natty or you're not.

The current playoff agreement expires in a couple years. There's no way the Big Ten and SEC let the other weak @ss divisions have a seat at their table.

The SEC and Big Ten will play each other for the national title. The others will cry and moan and claim it's not a legit championship without them.

Nortre Dame will have to join or be left out. The ACC schools will be looking to disband and join a super conference. Clemson, FSU, Miami to SEC. UNC, Notre Dame, and Virginia to the Big Ten.
It doesn’t benefit the B1G or SEC to not play the other conferences. You’re chicken little right now. Nothing you’ve posted is logical.

They already do this with FCS, FBS, D.II, etc.

The true champion will be between the Big Ten and SEC because that's where all the elite players will be.
No they won't unless they expand a lot more. Teams like Miami, FSU, and Clemson are still going to out recruit teams like Minnesota, Vanderbilt, Rutgers, etc.

?

It isn't. Wait wasn't everyone complaining (not me) that we need to expand a playoff because teams were left out?

I guess we stay tuned. Big money is going to shake up College Football.

Top Bottom