Untold Swamp Kings

#2Gopher

Reaction score
After watching these 4 episodes on Florida Gators on Netflix, no Gopher should ever complain about coaching tactics of Fleck, Kill, Brewster, Mason, Wacker and so forth.

Last edited:

After watching these 4 episodes on Florida State on Netflix, no Gopher should ever complain about coaching tactics of Fleck, Kill, Brewster, Mason, Wacker and so forth.
It's about the Gators, not the Seminoles. I really liked watching it - lots of insight into the Tebow years at Florida. IMO he was the one that really carried that program to the championships.

Glossed over the Hernandez/Pouncey/etc. criminal activity a bit but it was interesting.

I think that was intentional.

1. These Netflix untold have been pretty soft on the subjects
2. I think so much exists on those topics already
I don't disagree on the first point but I think the juxtaposition of Tebow and the criminal elements of those Florida teams is what made them truly unique. They weren't just kind of wild and they greatly contributed (IMO) to why Urban Meyer left Florida.

I don't think Urban retires if Cam Newton is the QB of the 2010 Florida Gators. It wasn't just part of the story, in a lot of ways it was the story. It was a program created and then destroyed by criminal elements.

I don't really care if they glossed over Hernandez because we all know that story but to not spend 15 minutes on the criminal nature of Florida football from 2008-2012 misses the point, IMO.

It went really easy on Urban. But yes, if these dink journalists that come for Fleck opened their eyes to how other programs operate they would realize they have no story.

I don't disagree on the first point but I think the juxtaposition of Tebow and the criminal elements of those Florida teams is what made them truly unique. They weren't just kind of wild and they greatly contributed (IMO) to why Urban Meyer left Florida.
I don't really care if they glossed over Hernandez because we all know that story but to not spend 15 minutes on the criminal nature of Florida football from 2008-2012 misses the point, IMO.
Did you watch the show? They spent way more than 15 minutes on that aspect. It's a pretty big focus of the storyline. They cover it from inside the locker room back then, from the players looking back on those days now, to what Urban did then, why he responded the way he did, and what he wishes he would have done differently, and also a lot on the reporters that were covering them back then.

Did you watch the show? They spent way more than 15 minutes on that aspect. It's a pretty big focus of the storyline. They cover it from inside the locker room back then, from the players looking back on those days now, to what Urban did then, why he responded the way he did, and what he wishes he would have done differently, and also a lot on the reporters that were covering them back then.
I did watch the show and maybe I missed some of it but I don't remember them focusing on the criminality. They focused on things like partying, girls, celebrity, etc. I think there was almost an intentional conflation between those activities and the really bad things going on in the Swamp./

The show was kind of like "look how different Tebow is from Brandon Spikes" when it really should have been "look how different Tebow is from one of the hundreds of players arrested during this time".

I've heard not so great reviews on it. That there was nothing "untold" about it and that they skipped over all the controversial stuff.
Yeah. I thought it would be great and it was pretty boring

Pretty overrated dynasty.
What should’ve been the best year they didn’t win the conference. Never went unbeaten.
National title 1 wasn’t Tebow, it was leak though the documentary failed to get Chris leak to interview

Glossed over all controversy
Poor urban Meyer and all his stress

It's about the Gators, not the Seminoles. I really liked watching it - lots of insight into the Tebow years at Florida. IMO he was the one that really carried that program to the championships.
Tebow?
As a starting QB Tebow had one SEC title and one national title.

Championship***
Singular
His freshman year was Chris leak

His senior year was Alabama.
His heisman year they lost 4 games

So known scumbag Urban Meyer doing shitty stuff means no one can complain about other coaches? I don’t get it.
One minute, Meyer is bragging that he is running off players. Tough guy stuff, making players quit with no sympathy.
Ten minutes later, he is making excuses for not kicking criminals off the team. Looking for sympathy for him because one player he kicked off the team his first year for hitting his girlfriend later died.
Complete scumbag.

One minute, Meyer is bragging that he is running off players. Tough guy stuff, making players quit with no sympathy.
Ten minutes later, he is making excuses for not kicking criminals off the team. Looking for sympathy for him because one player he kicked off the team his first year for hitting his girlfriend later died.
Complete scumbag.

Exactly. He’s the worst. My wife and I kept saying it over and over. Imagine rooting for him as your coach.

Top Bottom