Unofficial Over-Under Gopher Win Totals

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Non-Conference (11 games) = 6.5

Big Ten (20 games) = 3.5

Overall Including First Game of Big Ten Tournament (32 games) = 10.5

What ya’ like, the overs or the unders?

Overall: 1.5 above; I'm going with 11 regular season wins and 1 win in the BT tournament.

Under on both. 6 and 3. 9-22. Weakling Wednesday is a toss-up.

I'd rather be an optimist and be wrong than a pessimist and be right.

I do think we'll get better as the season goes along. So I'll take the under for non-conference (I'll say 6 wins) and the over for the Big Ten (6 wins as well).

I also think we'll pull a first around BTT upset, creating a bit of momentum into next season.

Go Gophers!!

Yikes. Even the die-hards are missing the optimism of the Pitino years. Gonna be super ugly.

What's our OOC schedule look like? 6.5 seems high given we have Miss St, the MTE and the ACC/B1G challenge games as losses. Have to sweep the other games. I'm not sure what they are off the top of my head.

Easy to pretend you're taking the over when you're risking nothing.

I see no reason to expect something different than what Nebraska did last year.

I will say if the Vegas O/U is 10.5, I'm hammering the under. I don't see any scenario that happens.

Under on the Non-Conf...
... Over on the Conference

We'll get lucky in a few games by making a lot of 3's. That's basically our only hope of winning, and I'm pretty sure that's our only game plan -- shot 'em up. Once in a while the ball just falls like you want it to fall, and I'm predicting that'll happen in four of our conference games. But when it doesn't fall, wow we could be blown out of the place. We'll live and die by the three...

Likely losses (3) — @ Mississippi State, @ Pitt, at least one of South Carolina/WKU.

Unknown opponent in MTE (1) — let’s call it a toss-up for now

Unconfirmed opponent (1)

Here’s where the wins need to come from (6) — Alcorn State, Fort Wayne, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Kansas City, TAMU-Corpus Christi,

Last edited:

Non-Conference (11 games) = 6.5

Big Ten (20 games) = 3.5

Overall Including First Game of Big Ten Tournament (32 games) = 10.5

What ya’ like, the overs or the unders?
Under. I’d pick over 7.5 though

Yikes. Even the die-hards are missing the optimism of the Pitino years. Gonna be super ugly.
Pitino was a nice guy, entertaining quote. He is also statistically one of the worst Gopher basketball coaches of all time.

Those over/unders look about right. I’m hoping we steal 4 games at home in conference.

If this was a legal tendered bet on a team with realistically no reliable front-court, a team composed of mostly 2-star and a couple 3-star ranked players not to mention only 2-players {Ihnen & Curry} having logged a few minutes together playing in a major conference, the imposing Big Ten....I without doubt, would put a substantial play on the.....Under........

Top Bottom