UNLV Game: Tailgate Menu, Plans, etc.

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
I'll try to start these before each home game so we can share tailgating ideas, menus, and more.

We'll have 12 in our group.

We're doing a Minnesota State Fair theme with everything on a stick which includes corn dogs, pork chops, chicken skewers and grilled veggies.

Beer will be Summit and Surly.

I'll try to start these before each home game so we can share tailgating ideas, menus, and more.

We're doing a Minnesota State Fair theme with everything on a stick which includes corn dogs, pork chops, chicken skewers and grilled veggies.

Great idea! Unfortunately, I'll be arriving at home right around kickoff after travelling for work (game is already set to record should I be late). My two boys will be at the game with a buddy and his dad. I'll be grilling something TBD and savoring a no-doubt victory.

I usually hit Sally's, so new plans this year. I may carry a drink over to hear the band Hitchville as part of the pregame provided by the U. Kristy Love is one of the singers, I hear she still looks great. Then to BWW for some food and drinks.
Any open tail gate parties available?

If you don't mind, I'd suggest asian bbq chicken skewers. I always like the bbq chicken skewers when I eat chinese food. I'll be catching the game at home after work so probably grilled boneless chicken breasts with wild rice and a veggie. Nothing fancy for me but lean and healthy.

With limited tailgate time for this one (I won't be able to start until 4:00), it will likely be simple and fast for me. Probably Von Hanson's natural hot dogs on my tailgate grill along with some beans and potato salad.

Hitchville is playing before the game? Where are they playing? What time? Why don't they announce things like this better. We have a big group that would be more than willing to go watch some live country music for a little while in the middle of tailgating.

Taking the day off with my buddy, up at 7, in to Lot 37 at 8:45 with my $6 daily fee +Lot 37 pass.
Plan on hitting up Al's for Breakfast if we can. Then wander around looking for an open bar. Bloodys and a few beers as we barhop early, end up near Lot 37 for our last stop, plan on starting at 130-145.
Ribs, dogs, beers, and water. Possibly cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped peppers too, if I have enough out of my garden to make it worth the time.
Crew will arrive around 3-4 hungry and sober, we'll fix that. Should have 5-15 first timers, I'll do my part to indoctrinate them.
Tailgate til 20 before gametime, in my seat 10-15 before kickoff. Scream my guts out til I lose my voice(happens every opener).
Back to the lot for celebratory beers and waters.

Hitchville is playing before the game? Where are they playing? What time? Why don't they announce things like this better. We have a big group that would be more than willing to go watch some live country music for a little while in the middle of tailgating.

Next to the stadium right after the victory walk. Its all in the gameday page on Gophersports.com. They have been hyping it up on twitter and facebook.
https://www.mygophersports.com/onli...rce=Twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=UNLV

No tailgate for me this game. My oldest son (9) and I will be hitting up the Royals/Twins game at noon, then scooting over to a friends house to strap on the ol' Gopher Banadanna, and carpool over to Campus together. Once inside The Bank, it will be some cheese curds and a dog for the boy, and a Mayslack's beef sandwich for his old man.

So as you can see, relatively boring plans for this years home opener, but spending the day with my oldest son and not having to break up fights between him and his younger brother will make for a refreshing change. Things balance out for little bro comes the following week, when he gets to go to Detroit to see the Lions/Vikings game!

Hopefully they are serving beer right next to where Hitchville is playing....it would make sense. I like the idea of having a band to get things rolling outside the stadium, it could set the stage for a party.

Heard Hitchville live a couple months back. Much better on cd than in person imho.

Lunch with friends at the Monte Carlo Club ( the homemade meatloaf is pretty good) A few Grain Belt
Nordeast's outside in their patio area and then over to The Commons to get tickets/parking pass to our daughter and her boyfriend ( first time in TCF for her boyfriend ) Will also try and sneak in a Bloody Mary at the Alumni Center. Gopher Up !!!

Leaving work at 11, playing basketball with friends till 12:30, then load the cooler with goodies (http://www.blatzbeer.com/locator/default.aspx). We will be at the East River Flats area.

My friend and I will be trying out this new mini gas grill that I purchased on craigslist from Andre Ingram's cousin (strange coincidence since it will be a Gopher grill). I also invited some of my friends who even though they are alumni, they have never been to a Gopher football or basketball game (Wacker era alums that were more interested in music I guess).

I usually make everything from scratch or near there the night before. This week I made pulled pork, pineapple sriracha glaze for shrimp, fresh dinner rolls, chili, coleslaw and queso dip. I have dogs and brats and nachos, too. I figure put the pulled pork and slaw or chili on the dogs and brats, but the rolls can be used for sliders of pulled pork with slaw on them. chili can be added to the queso dip for chili con queso. shell on shrimp for the pineapple sauce. Oh yeah, I make the BBQ sauce, too!

Leaving work at 11 to go change and pack the truck. Head to the lot and hope to be in by 1:30. Beer in hand and grill fired up shortly there after. Start playing big birdie golf or another game and wait for everyone else to get done with work and join me at the stadium.

No idea how I am going to focus at work tomorrow.

In San Diego I will have pulled pork sandwiches and Rotel queso along with some imported Mich Goldens to kick off the season.

Driving down from West Central MN. Leaving around noon. Hope to get there before 3 p.m. With Sally's gone, we will hit up Campus Pizza or Big Ten, Stub & Herbs and finish at BWW's to enjoy the warm tempretures outside with some cold beer. :)

Got this e-mail

Entertainment on Oak Street

The area on Oak Street, between TCF Bank Stadium and Mariucci Arena, has some exciting pre-game entertainment options for Gopher fans. At 3:00 p.m. local food trucks Gastro Truck, Hibachi Darma and Motley Cruise will be there to serve Gopher fans some great pre-game cuisine. At 3:30 p.m. country-rock band Hitchville will be hosting a free concert.

Add a few students, stir and shake, travel s/b fun around campus!

I'm heading out around 1:30 with the rest of my crew meeting me at the Ski U Mah lot around 3. We are doing chili rubbed steak tacos, watermelon, taco dip, and some cub cookies. With some good tunes, beer, and bags it should be a beautiful day!

Taking off work around noon, carpooling with my dad--getting to Ski-U-Mah lot as it opens. Doing walleye/wild rice cakes (picture crab cakes only WAY better), and some mouth-numbing homemade jamaican jerk smoked chicken....and beer...and likely water. Going to be GLORIOUS!!

If anyone is looking for a Tailgate to crash tomorrow feel free to come on over to Lot 33 and have some drinks and food. It's a $20 all you can eat/drink affair (after going to bars last year, that gets you about an appetizer and two beers).

LIQUOR:
Vodka
Gin
Tequila
Whiskey
Brandy
Two Gingers

MIXERS:
Fresca
7up
Ginger Ale
Coke & Diet Coke
Dr. Pepper
Red Bull
Bloody Mix & Orange Juice
Garnishes (Lemon, Limes, Olives, Pickles)

BEER:
Bud Light
McGolden Light
Coors Light
Miller Lite
Leine's Honey & Shandy

FOOD:
Burgers & Hot Dogs
Buffalo Chicken Dip & Celery
Tortilla Chips & Salsa
Snacks, etc

FUN:
Tent (to stay cool)
Minnesota Corn Hole Boards
Beer Pong Table
Flip Cup Table
Music

All are invited both pre-and-post game. Again, Lot 33. I'll be there at 2pm. Call or Text me at 612-481-6687 if you can't find me. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, Trevor

I'll also be playing some hoops (at the YMCA) After the games peter out at 130 or 2 I'll probably hit Taco Johns and eat a bunch of potato oles and tacos to counter the 4 PM deluge of beer.

What a day! I golfed at Edinborough all afternoon in the sun before the dreaded 2003 Michigan game, and that day seemed about as good as it could get for fan until......

I do like what Norwood is trying to do with these pre-Labor Day night games.

Regardless of the past this looks to be a great day that will be hotter and even better than last year, when I spent all day at the TI Pool Deck in Vegas and the night at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Love the State Fair theme!

I usually make everything from scratch or near there the night before. This week I made pulled pork, pineapple sriracha glaze for shrimp, fresh dinner rolls, chili, coleslaw and queso dip. I have dogs and brats and nachos, too. I figure put the pulled pork and slaw or chili on the dogs and brats, but the rolls can be used for sliders of pulled pork with slaw on them. chili can be added to the queso dip for chili con queso. shell on shrimp for the pineapple sauce. Oh yeah, I make the BBQ sauce, too!

Leaving work at 11 to go change and pack the truck. Head to the lot and hope to be in by 1:30. Beer in hand and grill fired up shortly there after. Start playing big birdie golf or another game and wait for everyone else to get done with work and join me at the stadium.

No idea how I am going to focus at work tomorrow.

I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of tailgate snob...but this menu is impressive. Love the versatility of the pulled pork too. I am a big fan of making things form scratch too.

If anyone is looking for a Tailgate to crash tomorrow feel free to come on over to Lot 33 and have some drinks and food. It's a $20 all you can eat/drink affair (after going to bars last year, that gets you about an appetizer and two beers).

LIQUOR:
Vodka
Gin
Tequila
Whiskey
Brandy
Two Gingers

MIXERS:
Fresca
7up
Ginger Ale
Coke & Diet Coke
Dr. Pepper
Red Bull

BEER:
Bud Light
McGolden Light
Coors Light
Miller Lite
Leine's Honey & Shandy

FOOD:
Burgers & Hot Dogs
Tortilla Chips & Salsa
Snacks, etc

FUN:
Tent (to stay cool)
Beer Pong Table
Flip Cup Table
Music

All are invited both pre-and-post game. Again, Lot 33. I'll be there at 2pm. Call or Text me at 612-481-6687 if you can't find me. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, Trevor

I love that you're doing this, Trevor! I knew you'd come around and be a tailgater. The bars are annoying, packed and expensive...plus there's not that camaraderie.

I'm cooking for this tailgate, we're starting with pizza, jalapeno popper, and buffalo chicken dip. Bruschetta with grilled bread. Garlic butter shrimp, marinated steaks, rosemary potatoes, caprese and lettuce salad. Oh...and I just whipped up some homemade blueberry vodka lemonade to go with the jello shots. Now the question is...how does one sleep before a tailgate??? I'm so excited!

No tailgate for our crew this week. We'll be hitting a bar with (a) the best view of campus and (b) no lines or waiting for beers.

LIQUOR:
Vodka
Gin
Tequila
Whiskey
Brandy
Two Gingers

MIXERS:
Fresca
7up
Ginger Ale
Coke & Diet Coke
Dr. Pepper
Red Bull

BEER:
Bud Light
McGolden Light
Coors Light
Miller Lite
Leine's Honey & Shandy

FOOD:
Burgers & Hot Dogs
Tortilla Chips & Salsa
Snacks, etc

FUN:
Tent (to stay cool)
Beer Pong Table
Flip Cup Table
Music

Thanks, Trevor

How late is this tailgate (specifically the food) going to be going? I'll be at work and probably couldn't get there until 5 or so.

I'm cooking for this tailgate, we're starting with pizza, jalapeno popper, and buffalo chicken dip. Bruschetta with grilled bread. Garlic butter shrimp, marinated steaks, rosemary potatoes, caprese and lettuce salad. Oh...and I just whipped up some homemade blueberry vodka lemonade to go with the jello shots. Now the question is...how does one sleep before a tailgate??? I'm so excited!
Sounds wonderful Nadine! Do you precook many of the items or bring a very large grill?

Sounds wonderful Nadine! Do you precook many of the items or bring a very large grill?

I prep everything, but gotta cook it fresh! We actually have 2 grills...had one doing the potatoes and green beans, the other shrimp and steak...and we had to make many batches.

Top Bottom