Uniforms vs Illinois

Anxiously awaiting all the hate white pants comments.

This one is full on storm trooper! White everything, including facemasks.

Assuming the white is replacing the yellow gold helmets for the season only, I'm sure we'll see these at least once more to get our money worth while we have them.

My main complaint/superstition is that I'm pretty sure we're batting zero with the white M, white facemask combo (@iowa and @Maryland).

The nautical stuff they hide in the maroon on the numbers really pops on these all whites.

The war on gold has indeed reached a new stage this year. We are probably one year away from having Texas A&M uniforms.

I have no problem with the stormtrooper uniforms. I just hate to see gold retired, after already being cut back with the Fleck era uniforms.

Gold is there Schnauzer on the outline of the maroon and it looks great

I really don't care about the color of uniforms as long as the Gophers play up to their ability on O, D, and STs. Blocking and tackling. The game is simple if the coaches have taken care of "between the ears" for an away game at an opponent who clocked us last year.

I really don't care about the color of uniforms as long as the Gophers play up to their ability on O, D, and STs. Blocking and tackling. The game is simple if the coaches have taken care of "between the ears" for an away game at an opponent who clocked us last year.
So if the Gophers do not play up to their ability on O, D, and STs, you will care about the uniforms?

Last edited:

And Fleck needs to take a basic grammar class. "We coulda went" has to be replaced.

I love it. Not only the uniforms, but watching curmudgeon heads explode when any uniform combo is revealed that isn't "traditional" - maroon helmet/maroon or white jersey/gold pants, like from the 80s and 90s...you know, when the Gophers were really, really good. Oh, wait....

School colors are Maroon and Gold...we all understand, but road teams wear white and that's an NCAA rule that has some flexibility. Our school colors are both represented in this version. They look sharp and should pop in the orange and blue tomorrow. I wonder if the fans bitched about white helmets and pants when we won the National Championship.

School colors are Maroon and Gold...we all understand, but road teams wear white and that's an NCAA rule that has some flexibility. Our school colors are both represented in this version. They look sharp and should pop in the orange and blue tomorrow. I wonder if the fans bitched about white helmets and pants when we won the National Championship.
I'm sure there were fans that complained but they just had a much smaller audience to complain to :)

So if the Gophers do not play up to their ability on O, D, and STs, you will care about the uniforms?
I'm a relatively new"Gopherhole guy" who did not go to the U of M, so I'm not yet into the best of uniforms to get the win. I do like the gold helmets with just about any combo.

Did you know that you can dance the Macarena to Darth Vader's Imperial March?

Top Bottom