Uniform Thread

I think they went full snowman for the New Mexico St. home game.

NMSU's white uniforms hadn't arrived by the weekend before the game.

With Northwestern going white pant and helmet, I would expect maroon pant and helmet tomorrow.

Looking forward to the game when they break out the old school gold on gold with those awesome new shiny Gold helmets….wow, if “Housey was still kicking he would just say…”There are my Golden Gophers”
Can't remember where I heard this but I believe they said they won't go full banana anymore. Wouldn't even know if that would be a more road or home combo anyway haha

Road: shiny gold helmets, white jerseys, gold or maroon pants. We have only seven games at home and have wasted two on black and anthracite unis. The school colors are maroon and gold, with white the third option. Let's stick to those three colors, please.

Road: shiny gold helmets, white jerseys, gold or maroon pants. We have only seven games at home and have wasted two on black and anthracite unis. The school colors are maroon and gold, with white the third option. Let's stick to those three colors, please.
Tell ya what...

Let's not.

Let's keep the F doing what we are doing and win games while doing it escalating the program and let's ignore the complainers who don't like the ride along the way.

How about we just do that. What's so bad about contending for Big Ten West Titles all season, every season while wearing maroon, gold, yellow, black, white, grey, purple, or fuschia.

Are you a fan of the team or a fan of colors?
The boat, whether black or anthracite, is going there with or without you.

I can settle this.

Here's what the U should do:

make a wheel, like on "Wheel of Fortune." on the wheel, you list all of the different colors possible - white, maroon, gold, chrome gold, anthracite, black, etc.

Sprint the wheel three times - once for helmet, once for jersey and once for pants.

whatever comes up, that is what they wear that week.

make it some kind of competition to see which player gets to spin the wheel.

problem solved.

Tell ya what...

Let's not.

Let's keep the F doing what we are doing and win games while doing it escalating the program and let's ignore the complainers who don't like the ride along the way.

How about we just do that. What's so bad about contending for Big Ten West Titles all season, every season while wearing maroon, gold, yellow, black, white, grey, purple, or fuschia.

Love the passion and fire from you but, I think he was just making the point about wanting to see the maroon gold and white on for a game.

Update: I've been hearing yellow gold helmets with M & numbers, white jerseys & yellow gold pants

Love the passion and fire from you but, I think he was just making the point about wanting to see the maroon gold and white on for a game.

Yes. And we'll get that.
Whatever bowl game we play in, we'll get some gold and some maroon with some white.
In fact, I'd venture for... let me do some math.

12+1 = 13.
13 minus (Anthracite (1) @ Black (1)).
13-2=11

I'm guessing for 11 games we'll wear white, maroon, and gold. About 5 of those are road games where we pretty much will wear white shirts. One or two of those five might have white pants.

Attachments

• MLP_2700.jpg
    MLP_2700.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 8
  • FB_v_Minnesota_PS0178.jpg
    FB_v_Minnesota_PS0178.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 7

something like this?
I can recall at least one exciting play in those uniforms...

08_1009479656_19UFOT090819_561885931.jpg

usa_today_13327891.0.jpg

There isn't much that I dislike, uniform-wise, but I am particularly fond of the numbers on the helmets

Tell ya what...

Let's not.

Give me a F'ing break...

Oregon is going 1/3 banana for their game at Colorado. And nobody wears pants that cover the knees anymore.

Top Bottom