Under what conditions will Cory Joseph sign with the Gophers?

Under what conditions will Cory Joseph sign with the Gophers?

• Cory will sign only if Maurice Walker signs too

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Cory will sign regardless of what happens with Maurice Walker

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Cory will NOT sign with the Gophers regardless of what happens with Walker or Tubby

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
He's going to Texas or UCONN, IMO...

And since I know you will ask, I have nothing to base that on, except for the fact that they are top end BB schools that put lots of players in the NBA.

have they put any good players in the NBA recently? Texas only has Durant and I can't think of a UCONN player that is good that is not old as the hills

Why wouldn't you want to come here and play with your brother. Obviously they probably have good chemistry together. He would probably excel here in Minnesota than anywhere else because he has a familiar face on the team....You could call them the dynamic duo.

Playing on the Big Ten network is an asset if a player wants to be noticed. With Tubby at the helm, the Gophers upped their TV exposure on CBS and ESPN. The wins over Wisconsin, and then Michigan State and Purdue in the Big Ten tourney were invaluable for recruiting. Big Ten players - Lucas, Hummel, Turner, et al, had their exploits talked about on ESPN, etc. Seems to me that Cory can have it all ( including family) if he chooses Minnesota.

have they put any good players in the NBA recently? Texas only has Durant and I can't think of a UCONN player that is good that is not old as the hills

Gophers have who in the NBA?

Off the top of my head - UCONN - Okefor (sp), Gay, Villenueva, and Thabeet

Texas - Durant, Aldridge, Ford

MN - Pryzibilla

Winner - Texas and UCONN.

UConn is one of the top if not the top school in terms of having alumni on active NBA rosters. Texas & Villanova are similar but definitely behind UConn in terms of current NBA players.

I hope CJ goes to Minnesota, but I'm thinking he would've announced it already if that was his plan. When was the last time a player waited until the last minute to commit to the school that his brother was playing for? I know, this type of situation doesn't come around often, but what is the point in waiting this long?

Cory's decision has no more to do with where Walker signs than Seantrel Henderson's decision had to do with where JD Pride signed. Cory will play where Cory wants to play.

It would be a mistake to sign Walker first thinking it will help land Cory.

Top Bottom