Undefeated but how good? Where are the Gophers in the first Big Ten power rankings? (#10. Minnesota)

If they stay at #10 this would be huge. It would mean around 5 conference wins, which I know some will deems as terrible. However, this year is about culture and there is no way we win that many without players playing hard, good team defense and offense. These are all cultural things one can build on. While I love the Miss St. win I just don't see more than 6 wins in B1G without better interior defense and rebounding.

We have 7 very winnable games against Nebraska, Northwestern, Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers. Its wishful thinking at this point but take care of business with those and steal a couple others and we're approaching .500 in B1G.

We have 7 very winnable games against Nebraska, Northwestern, Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers. Its wishful thinking at this point but take care of business with those and steal a couple others and we're approaching .500 in B1G.
Gophers have done that 3 times in the last 14 seasons, 6 times in the last 22 seasons.. Pretty high expectations. How awesome, or elite, would that be if Ben could do that with a roster he put together in what, 6 months?

Gophers have done that 3 times in the last 14 seasons, 6 times in the last 22 seasons.. Pretty high expectations. How awesome, or elite, would that be if Ben could do that with a roster he put together in what, 6 months?
And a roster that is missing 2 key pieces due to injuries before the season as well.

The point was - people were critical of Pitino not having a bench after a number of years of trying to build a bench. Why not wait a season or two to measure Ben's bench. Dum dum.

So if they beat Sparty but lose close at Michigan you are not a believer? Besides an excellent Purdue the B1G is not looking great right now.
In the past I've been a enthusiastic supporter of Gopher BB and year after year (for the most part) they have been disappointing. So this year I'm going with the attitude they will not disappoint me.

The point was - people were critical of Pitino not having a bench after a number of years of trying to build a bench. Why not wait a season or two to measure Ben's bench. Dum dum.
You sign off as Dum dum but your handle is Phillygopher...so are you Dum dumb or phillygopher.

If they stay at #10 this would be huge. It would mean around 5 conference wins, which I know some will deems as terrible. However, this year is about culture and there is no way we win that many without players playing hard, good team defense and offense. These are all cultural things one can build on. While I love the Miss St. win I just don't see more than 6 wins in B1G without better interior defense and rebounding.
3 pt shooting at a high level as we did against MS State

Top Bottom