Uncensored video of Will Smith punching Chris Rock and then swearing at him

Probably more to that slap than a single joke, as it turns out.

The way I would counter-argue against this is:

Smith made it appear as if he was coming up to tell Rock something privately in his ear. That's why Rock leaned in, expecting that Smith was going to tell him off or something. The way the slap was done, with the hand out very wide at the last possible second, Rock never saw it coming, that's why he didn't brace.

That's my wild guess.

The way I would counter-argue against this is:

Smith made it appear as if he was coming up to tell Rock something privately in his ear. That's why Rock leaned in, expecting that Smith was going to tell him off or something. The way the slap was done, with the hand out very wide at the last possible second, Rock never saw it coming, that's why he didn't brace.

That's my wild guess.
Or I was thinking it was going to be a headlock.

I like that the Academy is saying they asked him to leave but he refused. I'm pretty sure they would have had some kind of security there to make him leave.

I like that the Academy is saying they asked him to leave but he refused. I'm pretty sure they would have had some kind of security there to make him leave.
It's not like they had a whole lot of time or a precedent incident to rely on.

The comments/accusations in this thread that the incident was "staged" seem flat out ridiculous even more now.

Smith at this point has fallen on his sword and will accept the consequences.

“I know you can’t tell on camera… Will Smith is significantly bigger than me,” he said. “We aren’t the same size, OK? We are not. This guy does movies with his shirt off; you’ve never seen me do a movie with my shirt off. If I’m in a movie getting open-heart surgery, I got on a sweater. Will Smith played Muhammad Ali in a movie. You think I auditioned for that part? He played Muhammad Ali; I played Pookie in New Jack City. I played a piece of corn in Pootie Tang! S–t, even in animation, this motherf–ker is bigger. I’m a zebra, he’s a shark. What the f–k, man?”

Usually Best Actress/Actor Winners get to present the following year. An exception is when such a victor is serving a 10 year time out.

Halle Berry got to do the honors instead. We all get the benefit of that trade.

Top Bottom