UMass' Derrick Gordon says he's gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you all don't care about someone's sexuality why did you open this link? To state that you didn't care. Obviously you did. Until people don't assume others are heterosexual, homosexuals will have to come out. Until homophobia is gone, people won't be afraid to come out. Coming out publicly encourages others to come out. Gays don't even have the same rights as heterosexuals…and probably until they do, famous, or well-known folks coming out will be news. If you don't care…don't click on it…

If you all don't care about someone's sexuality why did you open this link? To state that you didn't care. Obviously you did. Until people don't assume others are heterosexual, homosexuals will have to come out. Until homophobia is gone, people won't be afraid to come out. Coming out publicly encourages others to come out. Gays don't even have the same rights as heterosexuals…and probably until they do, famous, or well-known folks coming out will be news. If you don't care…don't click on it…[/QUOTE Name some "rights" that Homosexuals do not have ...

The Brain Trust: You're wrong. Your "who cares" mentality is either thinly veiled and potentially subconscious prejudice or rationalization that you simply don't care about the wellbeing of homosexuals. The whole "I don't care what you do in bedroom" only comes out when people announce they're gay. You don't say (the proverbial you, in this case) bupkiss when it's announced a certain Gopher prospect is dating a current UM student, or if a story is brought up about Tiger Woods dating Lindsay Vaughn or about the affair between Petrino and his assistant.

This, right here, is an event. An event that means a whole lot to a community that for thousands of years has been persecuted and relegated to second class status. It shows that those that aren't affraid to live who they are are indeed accepted by those that are straight and were never affraid in the first place. But you'd rather every one just shut up and keep the status quo, which has obviously been so tolerant and not caused any problems for the homosexual community:rolleyes:

The Brain Trust: You're wrong. Your "who cares" mentality is either thinly veiled and potentially subconscious prejudice or rationalization that you simply don't care about the wellbeing of homosexuals. The whole "I don't care what you do in bedroom" only comes out when people announce they're gay. You don't say (the proverbial you, in this case) bupkiss when it's announced a certain Gopher prospect is dating a current UM student, or if a story is brought up about Tiger Woods dating Lindsay Vaughn or about the affair between Petrino and his assistant.

This, right here, is an event. An event that means a whole lot to a community that for thousands of years has been persecuted and relegated to second class status. It shows that those that aren't affraid to live who they are are indeed accepted by those that are straight and were never affraid in the first place. But you'd rather every one just shut up and keep the status quo, which has obviously been so tolerant and not caused any problems for the homosexual community:rolleyes:
Your wrong to base your self worth/value on the gender of the person you which to copulate with...and the need to announce to the world is no more than a cry for validation for what one knows is contrary to natural law.

Your wrong to base your self worth/value on the gender of the person you which to copulate with...and the need to announce to the world is no more than a cry for validation for what one knows is contrary to natural law.

Oh here we go...

Basketball is a fun sport to watch and a fun sport to play.

What church? Islam?

The Catholic one…the Muslim one..the Morman one…just about every orthodox one..the Evangelical one…

Are you really so ignorant about gay issues that you think all churches are opening and welcoming…try to marry a guy in any of the above churches...

Brain Trust…gays can't get married in most states for starters…only recently could they donate blood in Colorado…they can't adopt in many states…only last year did they win a case that will for the first time allow them to inherit their partner's assets with the same tax benefits as heterosexuals…they can't have their foreign spouses immigrate here. You are really one heck of an ignorant a$$.

You kind of gave up the 'do what you want I just don't want to hear about it' ruse there...eh? And you were tiptoeing around it so carefully too. Darn.

Ever discuss what you did last week-end with the wife/gf? Or worse yet, have a picture of them on your desk? I would hope not. Since you don't believe in flaunting your sexuality in anyone's face and all.

This will cease to be a story when folks like you no longer feel the need to click on the link and remind us all about 'natural laws' and whatnot.

This thread should be locked. It's bringing the worst out of some of the people.

Annnd... as I expected when I saw the title of this thread and opened it, there had to be people on here arguing about the bible and imposing their religious beliefs. It has no place in discussion about the game of basketball, so save it for someone else. I come here to read about basketball, and basketball-related news, not to hear what you believe is a sin, what parts of christianity you don't believe in, how you interpret the bible, your religion, whether you follow the 5 pillars of Islam, etc. I don't care!
-The only thing I found relevant was that he averaged about 10 ppg on a 6th seeded UMASS team as Sophomore. Pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom