UL Press Conference UPDATED: Self-imposes postseason ban this season

scher215

Reaction score
Couldn't find the prior threads and didn't know exactly where to put this.

But Louisville has called a press conference for 12:30 today with coach Rick Pitino. Friday, pre super bowl, news dump.

Potentially related to the scandal. Potentially related to UNLV.

Curious to watch what happens.

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
I give Louisville a ton of credit for this

That's a self-imposed penalty that actually means something and has some bite, unlike Syracuse's feeble self-impose last year.

Which begs the question, is North Carolina going to follow suit and do the same/right thing before this season is over?

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
That's a self-imposed penalty that actually means something, not like Syracuse's last year.

Which begs the question, is North Carolina going to do the same thing before the season is over?

Haha -good one.

scher215

Reaction score
First time neither Rick nor Richard will be in the tournament since 2001.

bemidjigopher

Banned
Reaction score
That's a self-imposed penalty that actually means something and has some bite, unlike Syracuse's feeble self-impose last year.

Which begs the question, is North Carolina going to follow suit and do the same thing before this season is over?

Thanks for the laugh

sal

Reaction score
Sucks for the graduate transfers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
You guys do know I'm kidding about North Carolina, right? (hysterical laughter emoji here) Of course I don't expect UNC to follow suit.

scher215

Reaction score
I call it karma

Karma for what?!?!? Going to class for 4 years? Graduating early? Pursuing a grad school program? Those rotten kids trying to get educated! Why can't they be like everyone else and do their grad schooling at the same school they did undergrad! How dare they make a personal decision to improve their own lives! Pawns is what they are, pawns in my college basketball fandom! They'd better recognize! Karma finally caught up with them!

bemidjigopher

Banned
Reaction score
Karma for what?!?!? Going to class for 4 years? Graduating early? Pursuing a grad school program? Those rotten kids trying to get educated! Why can't they be like everyone else and do their grad schooling at the same school they did undergrad! How dare they make a personal decision to improve their own lives! Pawns is what they are, pawns in my college basketball fandom! They'd better recognize! Karma finally caught up with them!
Lol because they're going to Louisville for their educational experience that's rich. Call me old fashioned even though I am only 28, but I think it's bull **** when a mid major develops a kid for four years, turns you into the player that you became and than you bail for a program that didn't want you in the first place. When there are hundreds of grad transfers every year the system is broken because I am sure it's all by the book and coaches aren't talking to players through their handlers who are on rosters ;) It's one thing to follow a coach, but why don't we call it what really is Free Agency. If they had to sit half a year, (reward them for graduating instead making them sit a whole year) than fine, but do you really think most of these guys go to their ball room tap dance class they registered for. Did Russell Wilson even attend a class in Madison since the fall was all that mattered

station19

Reaction score
I think the self-imposed penalty is a sign things are going to get much worse before they get better.

Is there still that opening in Las Vegas?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
I think the self-imposed penalty is a sign things are going to get much worse before they get better.

Is there still that opening in Las Vegas?

Good point. Rick would be a perfect fit for UNLV. He's famous, slick, and smooth, and has always had that greasy feel one would associate with Vegas.

howeda7

Reaction score
Good point. Rick would be a perfect fit for UNLV. He's famous, slick, and smooth, and has always had that greasy feel one would associate with Vegas.

He doesn't seem to enjoy biting down on a towel in a close game though...

Ope3

Reaction score
Rick will now be able to watch his son's magical post-season run in person.

Ski U Master

Reaction score
Looks like the entire Pitino family is taking a self-imposed post-season ban.

MennoSota

Reaction score

Which begs the question, is North Carolina going to follow suit and do the same/right thing before this season is over?
This is the very first question thar came to mind. Are they also going to vacate the last 30 years of accomplishments gained by academic fraud?

BarnBurner

Reaction score

A ton of credit? This little slap, if it is the extent of it, is no big deal. They will still have a great season, with no harm to any future recruiting, etc. Lose a tourney, yes. Better than the alternative.

DoubleAlum

Reaction score
It's hard to define what a corrupt human being is, but you know when you see one.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Gosh, Pitino is nauseating. I need to go on a one year ban not listening or reading anything about him.

Top Bottom