UK vs Louisville Tomorrow

akgopher

Reaction score
Should be entertaining. Never thought I'd root for a Pitino team. Does our win put more pressure on Gillespie? Will the Wildcat faithful care that we beat them if UK loses, and will they care enough to compare the two victories if they win?

Should be entertaining. Never thought I'd root for a Pitino team. Does our win put more pressure on Gillespie? Will the Wildcat faithful care that we beat them if UK loses, and will they care enough to compare the two victories if they win?

Hard to root for Pitino unless he is coaching your favorite team.

The Gopher W probably adds pressure on Gillispie but he loves pressure (he says). If UK loses, "it will be Tubby's fault" anyway.

Tubby has beaten Pitino 5 of 7 times in the 2000's.

Umm, if it pisses FOT off if Kentucky loses, it is oh so easy to root for Pitino, that and it will help the Gophers.

"Will the Wildcat faithful care that we beat them if UK loses, and will they care enough to compare the two victories if they win?"

Yes.

If we would not stand to benefit from a Louisville victory I would care less who wins. We need the Cards to stop losing or that win wont count for much come the end of the year.

Agree

I agree, we really need Louisville to turn it around. I hope they play well and beat Kentucky.

Also, is the OSU win considered a signature win since they are ranked, or is that a stretch?

XMan...IMO any win in the Big10 conference should be considered a signature win. But I don't know much, just my opinion.

osu wont do as well as people think in conference play..
IMO, wont be that big of a win when the season is done

Kentucky needs the win obviously. We have yet to beat a tournament bound team (The jury is still out on West Virginia although they are playing rather well) and the nature of an intense rivalry game adds to the pressure.

I worry about this game because of Coach Gillispie's disdain for zone defenses. The key to beating UofL this season has been to sag off the perimeter (inviting guys like Williams to throw up three's) towards Clark and Samuels, mix in some zone, slow the game down and make UofL show patience and execution in the half-court. We are strictly a man-to-man ball pressure type team who loves to trap high out front to force the ball into the corners and away from the primary ball handler. I think that plays right into the hands of UofL but we shall see.

And it's not Tubby's fault if we lose. It's the fault of our players and coaches. I'm not going to deny Coach Smith had some issues his last few years in regards to recruiting and motivation but he still left us with some good talent and Coach Gillispie has added some good players in his two years at Kentucky. W/L's fall on the shoulders of the players and coaches that are here now.

The gophers really need louisville to win the rest of their games so I will be cheering for UL. I am also a bit sadistic so I will look forward to the meltdown on the cat pause.

Georgia, already posted on earlier thread. Good news for Gophers tho.

Kentucky needs the win obviously. We have yet to beat a tournament bound team (The jury is still out on West Virginia although they are playing rather well) and the nature of an intense rivalry game adds to the pressure.

I worry about this game because of Coach Gillispie's disdain for zone defenses. The key to beating UofL this season has been to sag off the perimeter (inviting guys like Williams to throw up three's) towards Clark and Samuels, mix in some zone, slow the game down and make UofL show patience and execution in the half-court. We are strictly a man-to-man ball pressure type team who loves to trap high out front to force the ball into the corners and away from the primary ball handler. I think that plays right into the hands of UofL but we shall see.

And it's not Tubby's fault if we lose. It's the fault of our players and coaches. I'm not going to deny Coach Smith had some issues his last few years in regards to recruiting and motivation but he still left us with some good talent and Coach Gillispie has added some good players in his two years at Kentucky. W/L's fall on the shoulders of the players and coaches that are here now.

UK sagged but U of L hit those open 3-pointers today.

Top Bottom