UConn football coach Randy Edsall to step down immediately

GopherJack

Reaction score

Someone refresh my memory. Weren't we looking at him as a potential head coach years ago?

When Kill was hired, interesting how parallel their paths have been post B1G job.

Took UConn to a fiesta bowl or something. I don’t know how you can be good enough to do that yet so bad at the same time

I remember him making Maryland not complete garbage, that was an accomplishment.

Took UConn to a fiesta bowl or something. I don’t know how you can be good enough to do that yet so bad at the same time
Tied for first in the Big East in 2010 with a 5-2 conference record, went 8-4 overall against a schedule that included no ranked teams, then lost the Fiesta bowl to a top 10 ranked Oklahoma by 4 touchdowns. Maybe recruiting was a little easier back then when UConn was in a BCS conference with Syracuse, West Virginia, Pitt etc. instead of whatever conference they're in now?

Tied for first in the Big East in 2010 with a 5-2 conference record, went 8-4 overall against a schedule that included no ranked teams, then lost the Fiesta bowl to a top 10 ranked Oklahoma by 4 touchdowns. Maybe recruiting was a little easier back then when UConn was in a BCS conference with Syracuse, West Virginia, Pitt etc. instead of whatever conference they're in now?
All true, but he was completely awful at Maryland to

Top Bottom