UConn cancels the season

0E5qYug.gif

If UConn ever plays an FBS football game again I’ll be surprised. Could see them in Villanova’s conference in a few years

Say what you will, but I think this is the kiss of death. Just like Bateman leaving will spur other players to leave other teams, UConn canceling as an FBS will give other colleges that aren't as supportive towards athletics an excuse to cancel the season. Think MN under Maturi. He'd probably have canceled the season within minutes of seeing that.

Say what you will, but I think this is the kiss of death. Just like Bateman leaving will spur other players to leave other teams, UConn canceling as an FBS will give other colleges that aren't as supportive towards athletics an excuse to cancel the season. Think MN under Maturi. He'd probably have canceled the season within minutes of seeing that.
UCONN has been canceling playing competitive football for almost a decade now.

at no point will UCONN football impact big ten football.

I remember when big ten expansion talks were happening people floated UConn as a potential member

If UConn ever plays an FBS football game again I’ll be surprised. Could see them in Villanova’s conference in a few years
There’s no money and no interest in FCS football, and it’s still quite expensive.

They built some very nice practice facilities on their campus as well. I think they’ll stick it out in FBS football and try to do something similar to BYU.

UConn floating in Football debt, so not surprising, not much of a stomach. A few might join in, but high numbers of positive cases would be the much bigger deal.

UConn has no opponents to play and a program that was hemorrhaging money already. It made sense for them to cancel this season. Other similar programs may follow, but that's ok. I can't imagine any scenario in which UConn's decision affects a Power 5 program.

Any players we'd want?

Canceling the season means losing tens of millions of dollars for Power 5 schools. For FCS and potentially even group of 5 schools sure but even if a Power 5 college doesn't care about athletics, they care about the money football brings in.

These are, I must admit, some of my favorite kind of fans. I think sometimes about that line in Woody Allen’s “Crimes and Misdemeanors,” — the main character’s father, a deeply religious man, is asked: “And if all of your faith is wrong … just what if?”

And the man says: “I’d still have a better life than all those that doubt.”
-Joe Posnanski

Is that a joke or the most pretentious sig on the Internet?

Top Bottom