U twitter: Mike Mitchell Jr. is returning for his senior season at Minnesota! 〽️

Nice! Hopefully we get multiple days in a row of these official announcements! Still pending Hawkins, Fox and maybe Christie

Is Hawkins really pending? He was the very first to say he was definitely coming back, not sure he needs to make another announcement.

I'm talking "official" through the team. Maybe they don't do him, but I'd be shocked if there isn't something from Hawkins to tie in DTA

Is Hawkins really pending? He was the very first to say he was definitely coming back, not sure he needs to make another announcement.
Maybe a public announcement on university branded communications will keep the tampering to a minimum.

Nice! Hopefully we get multiple days in a row of these official announcements! Still pending Hawkins, Fox and maybe Christie

The rumor that was floating around a couple days ago was an expectation we might see another defection. Was that announcement feared to be Garcia or do we think that Christie is still a flight risk at this point?

Awesome! Christie and Fox now please.

Dawson, Hawk, Mitchel, Christie, Fox. That's a good start and probably your starting 5 next year.

Mike has been a nice addition. Glad he is coming back.
Definitely. In a perfect world he is probably better suited to be a 6th man in the Big Ten but if we need him to start again next year we could do far worse.

The rumor that was floating around a couple days ago was an expectation we might see another defection. Was that announcement feared to be Garcia or do we think that Christie is still a flight risk at this point?
I mean, until he says something official Christie will be a concern. The fact that he hasn't declared an intention to test the NBA waters thus far is kind of interesting.

Writer Gopher seemed to think that Garcia getting saved may have nullified that rumor.... (?)

Yeah it does sound like that bad news was directly related to Garcia leaving. As far as Christie, it sounds like we have a good shot to keep him but nothing super substantive. It also would not be shocking at all if he enters the draft process and maintains eligibility. If he just straight away stays, Ben and DTA deserve a ton of credit.

If I had to predict right now, we hear official confirmations/announcements about Hawkins and Fox next week

Aren’t rumors fun?! 🥳

Yeah it does sound like that bad news was directly related to Garcia leaving. As far as Christie, it sounds like we have a good shot to keep him but nothing super substantive. It also would not be shocking at all if he enters the draft process and maintains eligibility. If he just straight away stays, Ben and DTA deserve a ton of credit.

If I had to predict right now, we hear official confirmations/announcements about Hawkins and Fox next week
Hawkins has already said he is staying. I believe he said it during a post game conference. I would think that would be official enough 🤷‍♀️

Hawkins has already said he is staying. I believe he said it during a post game conference. I would think that would be official enough 🤷‍♀️
Come on now....we all know nothing is official until it is posted on social media.....just saying it isn't enough.....if you don't Tweet....errrr X it then it doesn't count. :)

I mean, until he says something official Christie will be a concern. The fact that he hasn't declared an intention to test the NBA waters thus far is kind of interesting.
Cam has options and they won’t go away if he thinks about them for a while. Not being impulsive is a positive attribute as I see it. Based on everything I hear on this authoritative source, I would be surprised if he doesn’t get the draft feedback. Maybe he can just call his brother and omit that step.

Christie probably takes a bit longer weighing options for NBA or fit. Fox would need a waiver.

Definitely. In a perfect world he is probably better suited to be a 6th man in the Big Ten but if we need him to start again next year we could do far worse.
I think after adjusting to a higher level playing this year, he'll be in a much better spot entering next year.

I thought we concluded he gets the year no matter what.
Redshirted at Northern and then he played 3 seasons of D2, Played one year of D1 and sat our two years with injury. That's 7 years. This would be his 8th.

He also said in the one post game interview that he had to be careful about what he said. I took it as not to hurt the option for another year.

Top Bottom