U: This team is elite. Athletically, Academically, Socially and Spiritually. (Video)

Love this. Fleck is doing this the right way. Always has.

Nobody can argue with his definition of the program to develop players: academically, athletically, spiritually and socially. He articulates a great foundation of who he is coaching his players to be in a very concise direct manner. His explanation of who we are as a program is elite!

I preferred some recent interviews when he said "serving and giving" instead of "spiritually"

Spiritually can be divisive, as you can tell he knows in this clip. But everyone should be able to get down with serving and giving.

I preferred some recent interviews when he said "serving and giving" instead of "spiritually"

Spiritually can be divisive, as you can tell he knows in this clip. But everyone should be able to get down with serving and giving.
Yeah, I've noticed he has stopped saying spiritually as much. I wonder if part of that may be due to less and less of the recruits feeling a connection to the word spiritual (whether due to bad experiences with religion or just not following one) so he is slowly tweaking the language to land more with young people?

Probably a fine line to walk with southern recruits and their families. IE, if you want them to come here, you can't have Momma believing the program is a bunch of heathens.

Top Bottom