U: 4th and 2. Who are you giving the rock to? Somebody else? Let us know that too. DT? Cobb? Mo? Maroney?

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
IMO short yard run success when everyone knows you're running it is up to the offensive line and often NOT the RB.

Having said that just from my flawed memory: I remember Maroney and Cobb having more success in those situations than Mo, but IMO again that's up to the OL, and my memory of Thompson is fuzzy.

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0

New Orleans 2020
Reaction score
If you want 1 yard he'll get you 3, if you want 5 yards, he'll get you 3. I think that is who that is about. Maybe John Madden said it?
I believe Hoard came up with that quote himself on a weekly kfan show from Sensers in Roseville IIRC. Madden likely picked up on it when he did Vikes games!

Dupreefor3

Reaction score
Mason had his kicker fumble the ball in the end zone in this exact situation in the 05 Axe game

Ope3

Reaction score
I don't think I would run the ball on 4th and 2 in a lot of situations. Depends if they are ahead or behind, the clock and field position. If I had to choose I would go with Rickey Foggie going wide with an option to pitch to Darrell Thompson.

Top Bottom