Tyrone Chambers commits!

joshvanklomp

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Huge!!!

Is Chambers more of an OT or DT? Either way, I'm pumped.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a weekend for Gopher sports!

Looks like they have 3 spots left for 25 if no one else decommits

4 dots baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it. He's a load, he will occupy a lot of space in the middle of the field.

25 is the max no matter what.

28 is the max...we can put three schollies back to last year and 25 for this year, plus they have grey shirt options.

28 is the max...we can put three schollies back to last year and 25 for this year, plus they have grey shirt options.

Gotcha. 25/year, but can count 3 against last year if you didn't do 25 then? I didn't realize that.

Players who do not sign a letter of intent, but rather enroll in January for the spring semester as "early enrollees," don't count against the 25 if there is room left over from the previous recruiting class.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...cruiting-how-can-a-m-take-34-recruits-in-2013

Minnesota signed 24 in the 2016 class: http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020316aab.html

So does that mean we can count 1 max toward last year?

What a slow night for recruiting. We had 6 commits yesterday. Time to step it up PJ

What about Maryland? They currently have 29 commits.

A number of schools have signed 29-30 the last several years.

What about Maryland? They currently have 29 commits.

A number of schools have signed 29-30 the last several years.

Interesting- I had always read max is over signing by 3 so total of 28.

This is the type of huge but mobile DT that the SEC typically gobbles up and Chambers was originally planning on taking an OV to Oxford, Mississippi in two weeks but it looks like he won't anymore. This is a big commit IMO and also takes some of the sting out of not getting a flip out of Juan Harris (a 6-4, 370 lb 4 star DT) who took a secret OV to us a few weeks ago but instead signed with Indiana. Although I still would have loved to have both.

This is the type of huge but mobile DT that the SEC typically gobbles up and Chambers was originally planning on taking an OV to Oxford, Mississippi in two weeks but it looks like he won't anymore. This is a big commit IMO and also takes some of the sting out of not getting a flip out of Juan Harris (a 6-4, 370 lb 4 star DT) who took a secret OV to us a few weeks ago but instead signed with Indiana. Although I still would have loved to have both.

This is the kid that was a 3 time Iowa decommit, then decommitted from Indiana in Oct, and recommitted in Nov. Are you saying he took a visit to us after he recommitted to IU?

He's got to be all-in 100% this time right?

This is the kid that was a 3 time Iowa decommit, then decommitted from Indiana in Oct, and recommitted in Nov. Are you saying he took a visit to us after he recommitted to IU?

He's got to be all-in 100% this time right?

Yes. He took a secret OV to us a few weeks back while he was still committed to IU and was telling everybody here he was going to commit to us but never flipped. He is an early enrollee and signed to IU though so nothing we can do now. There are rumors though that me may not have enough credits to do so however.

Also something to note, Chambers was committed to Toledo and then Cincinnati before committing to WMU and now us. If we would have gotten both, we'd have 2 guys who committed 8 times to 7 schools between the two.

Interesting- I had always read max is over signing by 3 so total of 28.

I believe 31 is the max. You can over-sign by 3 (28) and use 3 early enrollees against the previous class (31)

I believe 31 is the max. You can over-sign by 3 (28) and use 3 early enrollees against the previous class (31)

From reading this Georgia article, looks like they might have 6.

Definite early enrollees

(* — Indicated they have already signed scholarship papers with UGA)

*4-star QB Jake Fromm (Houston County/ Warner Robins, Ga.)
*4-star WR Jeremiah Holloman (Newton High School / Covington, Ga.)
*5-star S Richard LeCounte III (Liberty County HS/ Riceboro, Ga.)
*4-star junior college OT D’Marcus Hayes (Mississippi Gulf Coast CC / Jackson, Miss.)

Potential early enrollees

4-star S DeAngelo Gibbs (Grayson / Loganville, Ga.)
3-star ILB Monty Rice (James Clemens / Madison, Ala.)
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/taking-good-look-early-enrollee-picture-2017

I wonder if any of the defensive tackles in this 2017 class will play in their first year even if it is just to add depth. As far as DTs on the roster that aren't seniors, I see Stelter, Richardson, Renner, and Moore.

I wonder if any of the defensive tackles in this 2017 class will play in their first year even if it is just to add depth. As far as DTs on the roster that aren't seniors, I see Stelter, Richardson, Renner, and Moore.

We also have Merrick Jackson.

These guys could play, but we don't need them to.

We also have Merrick Jackson.

These guys could play, but we don't need them to.

Oh yes, I forgot Jackson, was thinking he was a senior last year but he should have one more year left. Hopefully the Gophers can stay healthy at DT and give these guys a redshirt year to get up to size and/or strength. I am impressed with the recruits we will be bringing in. I hope Fleck decided to keep Croslen on as well.

Top Bottom