Typical

So many HATEFUL mean-spirited people.

Come visit me anytime. Sec 141 Row 17

Huge Gopher fan. Just facing reality.

Sorry I upset you.

Says the guy who wants to drop the hockey program entirely for the sake of football. :rolleyes:

First of all, I looked up at the student section several times during the game and those empty seats AT KICKOFF did fill in for the most part during the game. Additionally, yes, they do squeeze more people in the lower level and leave a few empty up top. No problem with that from my perspective.

What a great game today, the Gophs hung tough and just didn't have enough to pull it out in the 4th quarter. So glad we played Cal today to prepare for the Big Ten season and not...well...Wofford.

First of all, I looked up at the student section several times during the game and those empty seats AT KICKOFF did fill in for the most part during the game. Additionally, yes, they do squeeze more people in the lower level and leave a few empty up top. No problem with that from my perspective.

What a great game today, the Gophs hung tough and just didn't have enough to pull it out in the 4th quarter. So glad we played Cal today to prepare for the Big Ten season and not...well...Wofford.

Nope. Denial.

More proof: From Strib-

"The empty seats are an embarrassment
they were evident on tv. Minnesota cannot even fill a 50,000 seat stadium.What a bush league program" - posted by kakigene on Sep. 19, 09 at 6:17 PM |

You realize, of course, that isn't proof of anything at all. You're just quoting a smack-talking post.

If the students are packing in lower down, then for next season, couldn't we just make the allotted spaces in the student section more narrow, and sell more tickets?

If the students are packing in lower down, then for next season, couldn't we just make the allotted spaces in the student section more narrow, and sell more tickets?

Yep! That's the beauty of bleachers, pack like sardines! Should be able to get 20 sweaty butts to every 10-foot section of aluminum.

It's not like UMich, OSU, or PSU cater to comforts in their stadiums...it's pretty much the concept of "pack everything as close as you can".

More PROOF

Gotcha!

Look at above endzone deck. Let's say each section seats 1,000. The first section left is two thirds full (300 short), the next two average about three quarters full (500 short combining both sections); then 4th section in about 85% full (150 short), then move four more sections over it's about 90% full (100 short), next section over about 80% filled (200 short), next section about two-thirds full (300 short) and the last non-full section to right is about two-thirds full (300 short).
Add up my numbers in parenthesis and it comes to 1,850 short.
Include about 150 empty seats in California section (not in picture), and you have about 2,000 short.
Now the dip-shit Minnesotan will return back on California section saying, "Those were sold to California people who couldn't make it."
True, BUT, in every other situation for visiting teams, these tickets get returned and are re-sold to the ticket booth for those standing in line.
Didn't happen in this case.
Also, this picture shot on my DVR, proving 3:55 left in 1st quarter. So proof is in the pudding.

And even if you don't want to believe the proof, TCF Stadium seats only 52,000 and they can't fill it. Well how come in Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan they NEVER have empty seats for stadiums that sit over 100,000? AND Ohio (10), Pennsylvania (12) and Michigan (5) are states that average NINE DI football programs in their state. Minnesota only has one DI football program and it can't fill a 52,000 seat stadium.

Proves football just isn't important at Minnesota.

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 17

I love the effort some people are willing to put in simply to try to prove to others that they know what they are talking about.

Just a quick comment for this jack off. The only other Big Ten stadium I have been to is Iowa when we played down there a few years ago. They then had the same GA policy for their student section and they as well had gaps in the upper corners because students try and pack in down close. So I guess this DOES happen in Iowa City.

Note: I counted 18 sections for students. With your math trying to prove 2,000 empty seats, we now have 18,000 seats in the student section. Wow, that is a lot more than I thought.

Top Bottom