Typical Reusse column - apparently about Perich and Asuma but spends paragraphs talking about John Gagliardi and Cash Chavis

Knoblach made $20 million after the yips. I think he made the right decision to push through.
The only thing people remember about Chuck is the Yips not his play before the Yips. His reputation is the Yips. If the Yips were against the law Chuck would be on death row.

The only thing people remember about Chuck is the Yips not his play before the Yips. His reputation is the Yips. If the Yips were against the law Chuck would be on death row.

I’ll take $20 million + 2 WS rings and some people thinking I sucked over people not remembering me at all

Absolutely not true. I fondly remember his huge contribution in 1991, winning AL ROY, the fake play with Gagne in the 91 WS, etc.

Go 1991 Version of Chuck!!

I remember Knoblauch’s excellent play his first couple of years with the Twins, and being rewarded with all the hot dogs he could eat when he came back as a Yankee.

I remember being at the game when he hit his first ever home run.

Didn’t Dave Engle get the yips throwing the ball back to the pitcher?

He was also the first MLB player to dong in the dome.

Not the first player, but the first MLB player.

Good trivia question on who was the first.

Reusse is just a dinosaur about to become extinct. He writes nothing that is relevant currently and focuses on town ball from decades ago.
If no one read him or clicked on his articles, the STrib would fire him.

Clicking on his article is exactly what keeps him employed.

I believe you are correct.

I can't help but think of Ted Striker's "drinking problem" in Airplane as a classic case of the yips. :LOL:

I believe you are correct.

I can't help but think of Ted Striker's "drinking problem" in Airplane as a classic case of the yips. :LOL:
That goes beyond the yips.
airplane-drinking.gif

You guys need to relax. Let the old man write his columns. If we were winning big games and championships in this town, sure I'd like some fresh blood but Ruesse is the least of our problems

Rather than wishing Reusse would get fired or some how go away...there is an easy solution to all the folks he bothers. Just don't read him.

if this same article had been written by Chip, most people would think it was fine.

the point of the article (for the benefit of people who didn't read it) is that Perich and Asuma are both multi-sport athletes from small towns, both are top recruits for a Gopher athletic team, and they are going to face each other in a basketball game in a few weeks.

and Gopher Holers should appreciate Reusse's line that if Perich had gone to OSU, he would have been upgraded to a 5* recruit by 247. (I suspect that Reusse may have seen similar comments about other recruits right here on the Hole.....)

Does Reusse have onset Dementia? It answers many questions about his writing and behavior.

After this article, I get the feeling that Reusse is best known around here as "Spaulding No." 🤔😏

Rube Baker

• Jake Taylor : Rube, what's going through your head just before you throw the ball back to the pitcher?
    Rube Baker : I'm thinking, "Damn, I don't want to screw this up."
    Jake Taylor : Well, what are you thinking when you throw a strike to nail the runner down at second base?
    Rube Baker : Well, I, I'm not thinking nothing. I just throw it.
    Jake Taylor : You see what I'm getting at?
    Rube Baker : You want the pitcher to pitch from second base?
    Jake Taylor : [frustrated, blank look] Oooogh.

Not sure about who you have in mind for the first, but I did recall Pete Rose got the first hit and Hrbek swatted 2 HR’s in the Metrodome’s debut for the Twins (an exhibition game vs. Phillies)

if this same article had been written by Chip, most people would think it was fine.

the point of the article (for the benefit of people who didn't read it) is that Perich and Asuma are both multi-sport athletes from small towns, both are top recruits for a Gopher athletic team, and they are going to face each other in a basketball game in a few weeks.

and Gopher Holers should appreciate Reusse's line that if Perich had gone to OSU, he would have been upgraded to a 5* recruit by 247. (I suspect that Reusse may have seen similar comments about other recruits right here on the Hole.....)
Some enterprising entity should live stream that bucket game.

Will anyone be in attendance to file a report?

Rube Baker

• Jake Taylor : Rube, what's going through your head just before you throw the ball back to the pitcher?
    Rube Baker : I'm thinking, "Damn, I don't want to screw this up."
    Jake Taylor : Well, what are you thinking when you throw a strike to nail the runner down at second base?
    Rube Baker : Well, I, I'm not thinking nothing. I just throw it.
    Jake Taylor : You see what I'm getting at?
    Rube Baker : You want the pitcher to pitch from second base?
    Jake Taylor : [frustrated, blank look] Oooogh.
Baseball players, bright and dim at the same time - like a light bulb flickering off and on.

Not sure about who you have in mind for the first, but I did recall Pete Rose got the first hit and Hrbek swatted 2 HR’s in the Metrodome’s debut for the Twins (an exhibition game vs. Phillies)
Can't remember the details, but the first HR in the dome was by a high school kid before any college or MLB teams had a chance to play there.

I think it may have been something like STA vs Southwest, or something like that.

I didn't make it to the first exhibition game at the Dome, but I did attend the 2nd exhibition game at the Dome.

Did Knoblach squander his fortune?
Not sure he squandered all of it, I suppose he could have some left. I had read that after his third divorce his nest egg was dwindling down. And some of of his WS rings have gone up for auction from time to time.

Top Bottom