Tyler Johnson Could Break All Three Major Receiving Records on Saturday

So no draftable seniors again?

Will be interesting to see what happens with Cashman. Don't know enough about how O-Line grade out to say if Weyler or Greene has a shot of getting drafted in the late rounds.

Assume Carpenter will have a good shot of getting on a roster but probably won't get drafted. That would be it though as far as the seniors go in my opinion.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Cashman drafted in the 5th or 6th round.

Agree. In a different thread, I pondered whether he would get a combine invite. His statistics suggest that he should merit one. How he would perform at the combine would likely answer his draft status. Pro football has changed so much and linebacker and running back are the positions that have seen the most change. Cashman has the right size and he could plug in a number of different defensive schemes. His speed--hand-timed or otherwise--will be the key. Great instincts that can't be measured and he plays like a guy with his hair on fire.

Carter is not even close to being a pro yet! Love the kid but he isn’t pro material yet.

Agree. In a different thread, I pondered whether he would get a combine invite. His statistics suggest that he should merit one. How he would perform at the combine would likely answer his draft status. Pro football has changed so much and linebacker and running back are the positions that have seen the most change. Cashman has the right size and he could plug in a number of different defensive schemes. His speed--hand-timed or otherwise--will be the key. Great instincts that can't be measured and he plays like a guy with his hair on fire.

One of the more odd things I’ve run into here is the notion one cannot elevate or downgrade their NFL draft odds with a huge (or mediocre, or ugly eg ML7) senior season. Blake has done everything statistically and eyeball-wise to get in the discussion. He has the size for certain defenses. He obviously has great burst and instincts. I suppose the question is whether he’s good enough in coverage, etc which is something the pros will have to dissect.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rK_ZznbRU19sQ1RwKimJ8UhhOY/htmlview?sle=true#

One of the more odd things I’ve run into here is the notion one cannot elevate or downgrade their NFL draft odds with a huge (or mediocre, or ugly eg ML7) senior season. Blake has done everything statistically and eyeball-wise to get in the discussion. He has the size for certain defenses. He obviously has great burst and instincts. I suppose the question is whether he’s good enough in coverage, etc which is something the pros will have to dissect.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rK_ZznbRU19sQ1RwKimJ8UhhOY/htmlview?sle=true#
Nate Triplett had a big senior season that got him drafted.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Coughlin will be a LB in the NFL - if he makes it. And that will likely be in a 3-4 system. Nobody is going to draft him without seeing him play LB - unless his measureables are off the charts - which they're not.

If he wants to be drafted, he has to come back next year, and he has to play LB, not an undersized DE.

Honestly, if I was Coughlin, and the coaches said "you're playing DE again next year," I would be looking at all my options - including transferring. That is IF he is serious about trying to play in the pros. If that doesn't matter, then come back next year, play DE, and get ready for a life after FB.

Currently Tyler sits at 70 receptions, 1036 yards, and 10 touchdowns.
  • He would need 14 catches to tie Decker for most receptions in a season
  • 90 yards to break Ron Johnson's yardage total
  • 1 TD to tie and 2 to break the TD record set by Omar Douglas and Ron Johnson

Getting the Axe and the trifecta would be Golden. The reception total is a tough get though I think.

Now that the Gophers are bowl eligible Tyler sits at 74 receptions, 1112 yards, and 10 touchdowns. He needs the following to break the school single season records:
  • 10 catches to tie Decker (this will be tough)
  • 14 receiving yards to break Ron Johnson's record
  • 1 TD to tie and 2 to break the record set by Omar Douglas and Ron Johnson

Now that the Gophers are bowl eligible Tyler sits at 74 receptions, 1112 yards, and 10 touchdowns. He needs the following to break the school single season records:
  • 10 catches to tie Decker (this will be tough)
  • 14 receiving yards to break Ron Johnson's record
  • 1 TD to tie and 2 to break the record set by Omar Douglas and Ron Johnson

I imagine he breaks the receiving yards record no problem during the bowl game, with the definite potential for 1-2TDs to tie/break the TD record (though, he didn't get any this past week, so he could miss that one)

I imagine he breaks the receiving yards record no problem during the bowl game, with the definite potential for 1-2TDs to tie/break the TD record (though, he didn't get any this past week, so he could miss that one)

Yep I agree. Maybe he will come back next year and break the others #unfinishedbusiness [emoji482]

Coughlin will be a LB in the NFL - if he makes it. And that will likely be in a 3-4 system. Nobody is going to draft him without seeing him play LB - unless his measureables are off the charts - which they're not.

If he wants to be drafted, he has to come back next year, and he has to play LB, not an undersized DE.

Honestly, if I was Coughlin, and the coaches said "you're playing DE again next year," I would be looking at all my options - including transferring. That is IF he is serious about trying to play in the pros. If that doesn't matter, then come back next year, play DE, and get ready for a life after FB.

Could not disagree more, it might help his draft stock to play LB (and personally I hope he is able to) but it won't stop teams from drafting him if he spends another year at DE.

Carter seems like a great kid who loves the University of Minnesota. He will play whatever position the team needs him to and I highly doubt he will complain about it or even consider transferring if he doesn't get to play LB.

Top Bottom