Tyler Brown WR Commits

Love to get some more speed! Also appears to be a bright kid with all those Ivy offers.

so, you guys who know who this stuff works - now that he is committed, will he be evaluated/rated by 247?

seems like a guy with that kind of speed and stats is worth a look by the rating services.

so, you guys who know who this stuff works - now that he is committed, will he be evaluated/rated by 247?

seems like a guy with that kind of speed and stats is worth a look by the rating services.
Think so. Its how it usually goes. Specially with MN looking up the last 3 years and how many of our guys went to the NFL this past draft. Theyll prob take a closer look at him now. With that speed and those stats, he should be a high 3 star.

At some point in the past year, the Bass Pro Shops snapback became the height of fashion. It's a zoomer-hipster thing. He'll fit in well in Minnesota.

Fashion is weird. Its like when the Carhartt winter hats became trendy

NICE offer list. Ivy football is a little bit better than people think it is, and to have multiple offers from the IL says something about him as an athlete and a student. The right coaches will know exactly what to do with him.

Not gonna lie I was skeptical of his film, but sounds like he’s taller and verified to be faster than the higher rated Manning that visited. Word is he is very humble and a great culture fit. Very strong academically as well. Had very good production in high school. I’ll trust the staff with wrs.

Congratulations Tyler! You choose wisely.

Wow - I love the speed and the YAC! This class is becoming more awesome.

We are just waiting for news from JH and ED. That will be epic if we have an in-state sweep of the top talent.

With the number of Gopher players getting drafted, you would think that the rating agencies recognize the Gophers' recruiting staff. They are good talent evaluators.

I expect to see them give higher ratings than previously.

They are not on par with the P5, but they are making a lot of noise in the Big Ten West recruiting-wise.

The kid seems like good fit and fills a need.
Who really cares what 247 or other rating factories think about him?
Do they know more than the MN coaches who offered the kid?

With the number of Gopher players getting drafted, you would think that the rating agencies recognize the Gophers' recruiting staff. They are good talent evaluators.

I expect to see them give higher ratings than previously.

They are not on par with the P5, but they are making a lot of noise in the Big Ten West recruiting-wise.
They aren’t on par with the power 5? What are you talking about? The gophers are at least an average P5 team.

And any recruit rater who bumps a kid up because the school he chose has good talent evaluation is terrible at their job

The kid seems like good fit and fills a need.
Who really cares what 247 or other rating factories think about him?
Do they know more than the MN coaches who offered the kid?
This is always where I’m at. Sure—they rate a lot of kids and have knowledge. But no way are they as in depth on a kid like this as the coaches recruiting him.

I am liking this recruiting class and am hopeful that, once all of the spots are filled, that it will rank on par or better than previous classes. Thought it was interesting that several of the early commits had either Ivy League or Service Academy offers--tells me they are smart, tough, and dedicated. Did some research and here are the schools that popped up as having made offers to our 2023 commits: Central Michigan (8 offers to our commits), Illinois State/Air Force/Eastern Michigan/Iowa State (6), South Dakota/Army/Kansas/Miami (OH)/Toledo/Vanderbilt (5), and Ball State/Western Michigan/Northern Iowa/NDSU/Northern Illinois/OH/Bowling Green/Maryland (4). Like competing for recruits against the academies, Maryland, Iowa State, Kansas, and Vandy....against all of the MAC schools not-so-much

I am liking this recruiting class and am hopeful that, once all of the spots are filled, that it will rank on par or better than previous classes. Thought it was interesting that several of the early commits had either Ivy League or Service Academy offers--tells me they are smart, tough, and dedicated. Did some research and here are the schools that popped up as having made offers to our 2023 commits: Central Michigan (8 offers to our commits), Illinois State/Air Force/Eastern Michigan/Iowa State (6), South Dakota/Army/Kansas/Miami (OH)/Toledo/Vanderbilt (5), and Ball State/Western Michigan/Northern Iowa/NDSU/Northern Illinois/OH/Bowling Green/Maryland (4). Like competing for recruits against the academies, Maryland, Iowa State, Kansas, and Vandy....against all of the MAC schools not-so-much
I like competing against no one for the recruits. If the player is good why would you want competition to get them?

Our passing stats the last 3 years will hurt us even more moving forwards combined with NIL
I would be willing to bet getting an offer from his hometown team who also happens to be a team in the NC mix most years had way more to do with this decision than our passing game. Tough to fault a South Carolina kid for wanting to play for Clemson.

Top Bottom