TWolves draft Purdue's Hummel

calminnfan

Reaction score
I don't know what else was available, but when healthy, and even at times when he was not, Hummel was a difference maker on the Purdue team. When missing, they were hardly average, but when he was on the court they were competing for the B1G title. Personally felt it was a good pick on the part of the TWolves.

I actually think so too, for a 58th selection, I think they got a pretty darn good talent. Maybe after being another full year removed from those surgeries, he can have a chance to contribute for them in some way.

I was glad they took him instead of some guy from Europe that no one has ever heard of and won't play here for five years.

Me too, may be a long shot, but who knows. At least a guy I know and like and I think will work his butt off to give it his best shot. I'll be rooting for him.

Hummel

Me too, may be a long shot, but who knows. At least a guy I know and like and I think will work his butt off to give it his best shot. I'll be rooting for him.

If Edwardo Najera can find a place in the rotation in the NBA, I dont see any reason Hummel could not. Najera is a little bit stronger, but Hummel is twice the shooter.

Great pick! Hope he enjoys some well-deserved good luck and success here.

Me too, may be a long shot, but who knows.

Long shot because injury, ability or both? Prior to injury he was or was flirting with being a lotto pick. I think he has the skill to be a decent off the bench roll player.

I think Hummel can have a role in the NBA (assuming he's healthy, of course). I think because of the injuries, he'll never be as dynamic as he once had the potential to be, but I think he can be an effective bench player on a good team. I'm thinking like a Fred Hoiberg-type (sorry for the white-guy/white-guy comparison) who comes off the bench and can stretch the defense with his range.

I think Hummel can have a role in the NBA (assuming he's healthy, of course). I think because of the injuries, he'll never be as dynamic as he once had the potential to be, but I think he can be an effective bench player on a good team. I'm thinking like a Fred Hoiberg-type (sorry for the white-guy/white-guy comparison) who comes off the bench and can stretch the defense with his range.

If Anthony Tolliver can find a spot in an NBA rotation, so can Robbie Hummel

Long shot because injury, ability or both? Prior to injury he was or was flirting with being a lotto pick. I think he has the skill to be a decent off the bench roll player.

The whole package. Maybe the term long shot sounded a little pessimistic because I really like the pick. Just need to see what's he's got at the next level. Thought he was a very good college player, but never thought "this dude is going to rock the NBA". Especially this year when I thought he was a little exposed when he had to play after Moore and Johnson left. He was less of a factor.

Good shooter and sound fundementals, because of limited physical ability I have a hard time picturing him more than a spot/role player. He fought back from two injuries though, I'm sure that endeared him to the Twolves management, you know he isn't going to quit on you.

Man the Wolves got a lot of white dudes...

How many times did Jay Bilas say "freakish athleticism" last night? Did he reach triple digits?

Me too...

I was shocked when they took Hummel over Buford, poor decision if you ask me.

Hummel will have to split time with Buddinger. Why not get a different body type with a little more athleticism who can still shoot. Buford could have played the 2.
Maybe Kahn is looking to field a second line featuring an all "busted knees" lineup (with the talk of them pursuing Brandon Roy, as well).

Buford would have been a better pick IMO. He is more athletic and just as good a shooter (even though he struggled as a senior) and he hasn't had the injuries. I like the Hummel -- who says he's "95 percent" recovered -- but I think they could have done one better.

Buford would have been a better pick IMO. He is more athletic and just as good a shooter (even though he struggled as a senior) and he hasn't had the injuries. I like the Hummel -- who says he's "95 percent" recovered -- but I think they could have done one better.

I don't think anyone drafted Buford so they could still sign him as an UDFA

About as many times as Bert

How many times did Jay Bilas say "freakish athleticism" last night? Did he reach triple digits?

Blyleven says: "At the major league level." Which is about 10 times per telecast.

Blyleven says: "At the major league level." Which is about 10 times per telecast.

I can stomach most of Bert but the circle me Bert thing is really old. That being said, on the college basketball level, I hate vitale's "he's only a freshman....he is a diaper dandy baby".

I can stomach most of Bert but the circle me Bert thing is really old. That being said, on the college basketball level, I hate vitale's "HE'S ONLY A FRESHMAN...HE IS A DIAPER DANDY BABY".

FIFY

I don't think Hummel was ever talked about pre injury as a lottery pick. He is way to limited athletically. Look at Kyle Singler, he is quicker than Hummel and he is having trouble getting minutes.

I don't think Hummel was ever talked about pre injury as a lottery pick. He is way to limited athletically. Look at Kyle Singler, he is quicker than Hummel and he is having trouble getting minutes.

dude, Singler played in Europe because of the lock out, he hasn't even tried to get minutes.

After his freshman year he was considered by many to be a likely future lotto pick.

Dead wrong about Singer as GW and 'From Da' pointed out.

Buford is on the T-Wolves Summer League Roster so if he makes it through try outs this weekend, we can see both Hummel and Buford play for the Wolves in Las Vegas. Considering the number of players the Wolves have lined up to sign (Roy, Conroy, Shved, Stiemsma?, Hill?, Lee?) there may not be many roster spots availble for rookies.

I was wrong

After his freshman year he was considered by many to be a likely future lotto pick.

Dead wrong about Singer as GW and 'From Da' pointed out.

Yes I didn't realize he played overseas. But I did realize he was a second round draft choice like Hummel. Just because some writer might say someone has potential to be a lottery pick doesn't mean you would find them on any mock drafts as a lottery pick. There are probably 40 college players at any time that someone might say has a chance to be a lottery pick, but those with the freakish athleticism get taken ahead of those with tons of skill... but are limited athletically. Which is why you see Rodney Williams as 1st rounders and Kyle Singler's as second rounders. The NBA is such a one on one-get to the basket league and I do not watch hardly any of it anymore.

those with the freakish athleticism get taken ahead of those with tons of skill... but are limited athletically.

So that's why Kevin Love was taken 5th overall, ahead of players such as Eric Gordon, Anthony Randolph, Brandon Rush, JaVale McGee, Serge Ibaka, etc. I know when I hear the name "Kevin Love", the first thing that pops into my head is "freakish athleticism".

Top Bottom