Two thoughts on the game

gopheraschells

Reaction score
1. I thought the gophers played with more passion than i have seen all year. The game was much more enjoable to watch and the fans were excellent in supporting them.

2. The people working the student gate were a bunch of ass holes. They would not let six or so students into the game because they did not have their i.d's. I realise this is the policy but come on. The U can barely get half of the student section to show up and yet in a game where it is obvious they aren't going to have a full stadium they are seriously going to be rejecting six college kids wearing gopher gear? The guy was being a huge prick about it too

1. Don't agree with this. The Gophers just lost another game they could have won by playing better and making more plays.

2. Don't agree with that. The six or so students without ID's are complete morons. Why would any U students ever leave their dorm room or apartment to go anywhere on campus without their Students ID's in their wallets or purses? My ID never left my wallet during the entire time I was in college. And I think it is a safe bet that the six guys were being A-holes to the ticket guy and that is why he acted the way he did.

More observations

1. I thought the O line did a very good job ... especially on pass plays. They get enough crap when they do badly so we should acknowledge them when they do well.

2. Mc Knight is the man ... plays with heart.

3. Gray had a number of opportunities to make plays when covered but didn't seem to fight for the ball like Mc Knight does.

4. Seemed like the receivers were not always on the same page as the QB. A lot of pass went to empty spaces.

The offensive line

I have given them the most grief the past few years. They have worked hard and improved both in pass protection and the run game. Hats off for the hard work.

One little thing

When Hoese went down, it was refreshing to see they inserted Ed Cotten. I fully expected they would go one back, but no Cotten was inserted, play reasonably well, and got some extended playing time.

Out played Penn St.

I really thought the Gophers were out playing Penn St. in many aspects of the game. They looked like a completely different team at times. They would be moving along and then it was just like they remembered who they had been most of the year and a promising drive would be stopped.

Top Bottom