Two struck by vehicle after Gophers game have life-threatening injuries

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Two people were struck by a car near Huntington Bank Stadium following the University of Minnesota football game Saturday evening and have life-threatening injuries, police say.

The man and woman, both in their 70s, were in a crosswalk as a vehicle turned and struck them just before 6:30 p.m. They were taken to a hospital, according to the Minneapolis Police Department, and no other details on the extent of their injuries were available.

The driver of the vehicle stopped and cooperated with police.

Go Gophers!!

Two people were struck by a car near Huntington Bank Stadium following the University of Minnesota football game Saturday evening and have life-threatening injuries, police say.

The man and woman, both in their 70s, were in a crosswalk as a vehicle turned and struck them just before 6:30 p.m. They were taken to a hospital, according to the Minneapolis Police Department, and no other details on the extent of their injuries were available.

The driver of the vehicle stopped and cooperated with police.

Go Gophers!!
Hoping and praying they are going to be ok.

That’s sad and I hope they recover. There were no traffic control personnel outside the stadium yesterday during the early exit by many fans. People just following the flow right out in front of traffic when cars had the right of way. Glad the driver was cooperating.

That’s sad and I hope they recover. There were no traffic control personnel outside the stadium yesterday during the early exit by many fans. People just following the flow right out in front of traffic when cars had the right of way. Glad the driver was cooperating.
This happened at a controlled intersection and not that close to the stadium. I did not witness this but did see the people just minutes after they were struck. Only my opinion but I am guessing they were walking on a green light when this happened. This happened about 30 minutes after the game. Hoping they make a full recovery.

This happened at a controlled intersection and not that close to the stadium. I did not witness this but did see the people just minutes after they were struck. Only my opinion but I am guessing they were walking on a green light when this happened. This happened about 30 minutes after the game. Hoping they make a full recovery.
I must have driven by shortly after you were there. There were at least ten emergency vehicles, squad cars, etc. and emergency personnel were encircling the injured people just south of the intersection. Echo your sentiment hoping for a full recovery.

Top Bottom