Two Observations from Today's "Game"

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
1) Western Illinois stood no chance on any play in which Rashede Hageman decided to expend effort.

2) David Cobb clearly moves ahead of Roderick and deserves to start next week if Kirkwood is not ready.

Agreed... Momentum shifted once the Gophers actually tried a few passes and gave Cobb more carries.

On the play Engel made a nice 1st down catch (drive Mitch fumbled near the endzone), Cobb made a very nice blitz pickup to give Mitch time to make the throw. Nice to see because that is part of the reason he wasn't seeing the field earlier in his career.

On the play Engel made a nice 1st down catch (drive Mitch fumbled near the endzone), Cobb made a very nice blitz pickup to give Mitch time to make the throw. Nice to see because that is part of the reason he wasn't seeing the field earlier in his career.

Saw that too, great pickup. Guy was coming completely untouched and Cobb slid over from the opposite side to pick it up, perfectly executed.

I thought the student section was terrific today! In terms of what they brought as far as noise, not the turnout. For the amount of students there today, they were loud and involved today, I thought. (Probably a little off-topic, sorry)

I thought the student section was terrific today! In terms of what they brought as far as noise, not the turnout. For the amount of students there today, they were loud and involved today, I thought. (Probably a little off-topic, sorry)

Thought so too.

This game could have been just some meaningless exercise.....but it ended up being a good, meaningful win. Just so long as Nelson
will be okay, nothing could have worked out better for Leidner than to get meaningful PT with the game on the line and on his shoulders.
It was also good that the Gophers were challenged.....you find out a lot about your team and players that way. Also, is obvious that Nielson
is a terrific football coach- that was apparent.

Top Bottom