Two more years to win the west

How many big ten west titles does Mn win from now until they end the west

• Total voters

Some guy

Reaction score
The big ten as we know it and possibly college football as we know it is over in the fall of 2024

I am going to guess they don’t change the current scheduling and divisional schedule until 2024 because it would be silly to change for 2023 to just change again in 2024.

So two years left in the west. What happens

The Gophers have to break the threshold and win a title soon.

Yep, 2 years for the west. USC will be a juggernaut with their current recruiting, transfers, NIL, and competent coach.

Hey recruit, come to Minnesota from warm Texas, Florida, or Georgia. The NIL isn’t great and the coeds are cute once you see them out of their puffy coats. The coach is pretty good if you can get over getting harangued by a used car salesman 5 times a day. On the other hand, you can come to sunny California. The coach likes to pass and score a lot. The NIL money is great, the weather is great and the coeds are all aspiring starlets so might score a lot too. Remember to bring plenty of shorts, swimsuits, and flip flops. You might even need an emergency light fleece. That will be pretty hard to compete against. I fear the Gophers might be relegated to the canon fodder group of the Big

Yep, 2 years for the west. USC will be a juggernaut with their current recruiting, transfers, NIL, and competent coach.

Hey recruit, come to Minnesota from warm Texas, Florida, or Georgia. The NIL isn’t great and the coeds are cute once you see them out of their puffy coats. The coach is pretty good if you can get over getting harangued by a used car salesman 5 times a day. On the other hand, you can come to sunny California. The coach likes to pass and score a lot. The NIL money is great, the weather is great and the coeds are all aspiring starlets so might score a lot too. Remember to bring plenty of shorts, swimsuits, and flip flops. You might even need an emergency light fleece. That will be pretty hard to compete against. I fear the Gophers might be relegated to the canon fodder group of the Big

Yeah. Except you're forgetting LA is now the shitholiest of shitholes.

More so that there likely aren’t divisions

My kids are marching in the Rose Parade this year, so I'll be there. It's fate. Gophers are winning the West and going to the Rose Bowl this year.

In a couple months, you can all thank me for having kids when I did, moving where I did, and my wife for forcing them to be in marching band. It's all coming together this year.

My kids are marching in the Rose Parade this year, so I'll be there. It's fate. Gophers are winning the West and going to the Rose Bowl this year.

In a couple months, you can all thank me for having kids when I did, moving where I did, and my wife for forcing them to be in marching band. It's all coming together this year.
I hope we do. Last two years for the rose bowl as we know it most likely

I hope we do. Last two years for the rose bowl as we know it most likely
The Rose Bowl as (pre-Millenial) Big Ten fans (notice I didn’t say B1G) knew and loved it has been gone for many years. Although now the Rose Bowl will just be the place where B1G teams play the occasional road game against UCLA.

The Rose Bowl as (pre-Millenial) Big Ten fans (notice I didn’t say B1G) knew and loved it has been gone for many years. Although now the Rose Bowl will just be the place where B1G teams play the occasional road game against UCLA.
The rose bowl still likely a post season site in some capacity but will never be a pac 12 vs big 12 dream.

Rose bowl doesn’t want Oregon state against big ten winner every year

Permanent playoff neutral site

Really? Was just there for a week last fall and it was great.
Same...we had a great time in February. Actually visited USC as well, and wow...what a campus. Not hard to imagine why a young person would choose to attend there -- athlete or not.

The Rose Bowl was the last holdout from the Bowl Alliance, and finally caved after the 1997 season. They joined and it became the BCS.

From 1998 season onward, it has no longer been a guaranteed matchup of the Big Ten champion vs the PAC champion.

Thanks for your shitty support, "fan".

Sounds like you are living the dream!

Thank you! I’ll gladly buy your beer.

I work in a job that is hard to get time off at year end. Every year I tell my boss that I will be taking the time around New Year’s off. I tell them I will quit if needed, I can land another job, but not another Rose Bowl.

I can’t imagine growing an opinion like this and wasting my time on a fan message board (unless I simply wanted to troll). Geez, perhaps move to so-cal, live the good life, and cheer on your Trojans.

Whew...at least we're only playing Louisiana-Lafayette and not Louisiana-Monroe...

We never lose recruits to USC now?

Yup. The people that complain about SoCal or Cali in general are the ones who cant afford to live there or dont know how to manager their money well enough to live there.

It also requires you to generally be a happy person.
I lived in Chula Vista for 4 years. Weather was perfect but rent was crazy. This was close to 20 years ago. The place I rented for $1200 is now almost $2400. It is very expensive to live there. This is not including food which was also expensive.

Top Bottom