Two more Georgia football players arrested for driving violations

I've been clear on my position for years. I don't care if the U is handing out bags of cash, blow, cars, whatever. College football and hoops are big time, big money entertainment and the the goal is to win championships - not to win miss congeniality or citizen of the year.
None of those things are putting other lives in danger.

There's a pretty big gap between winning citizen of the year and committing crimes that could (and already has) kill people.

Y
None of those things are putting other lives in danger.

There's a pretty big gap between winning citizen of the year and committing crimes that could (and already has) kill people.
yeah but can you imagine the amount of awesome 30 for 30 coverage we could get if we were handing out those things and then got the death penalty for it after we used it to finally get to the big ten championship game? Super worth it /s

Y

yeah but can you imagine the amount of awesome 30 for 30 coverage we could get if we were handing out those things and then got the death penalty for it after we used it to finally get to the big ten championship game? Super worth it /s
Imagine thinking there will ever be the death penalty again.

The movie "Idiocracy" is now being marketed as a documentary.

Handing out a bunch of blow ie committing felonies is probably the way to do it
1. The damage done to SMU basically guaranteed that it would never happen again. If Baylor never got it for covering up a literal murder, nobody would.

2. The NCAA is devoid of almost any enforcement authority, so no authority = no penalty.

1. The damage done to SMU basically guaranteed that it would never happen again. If Baylor never got it for covering up a literal murder, nobody would.

2. The NCAA is devoid of almost any enforcement authority, so no authority = no penalty.
The joy of being a program running a drug ring is that that would be much more extreme. They got their penalties at Baylor for paying kids tuition, illegal payments, not reported drug tests. The murder led to the investigation but is not anywhere in the penalties that were handed down to Baylor. Again our coaching staff/university being drug dealers is a ridiculous statement to make and say is fine and is far different than providing fast cars and cash

A different article I read on the Rara Thomas debacle notes that 24 Georgia players have been arrested for DUI and/or serious reckless driving matters. Time frame not included, unfortunately. Implication was that it was during Kirby Smart's tenure? Tons of NIL money and a 41% graduation rate lead to interesting results. Like to have Georgia's record, but I'll take PJ's players and culture of maturity and accountability any day. Go Gophers.

A different article I read on the Rara Thomas debacle notes that 24 Georgia players have been arrested for DUI and/or serious reckless driving matters. Time frame not included, unfortunately. Implication was that it was during Kirby Smart's tenure? Tons of NIL money and a 41% graduation rate lead to interesting results. Like to have Georgia's record, but I'll take PJ's players and culture of maturity and accountability any day. Go Gophers.
Very clear that they will let the players get away with anything down there as long as the team wins. Players don't fear consequences so they do whatever they want. Kirby has no control over them but the fans/admin at Georgia don't give a crap as long as the team is competing for the National Title.

I'm good with supporting a program that is unlikely to compete with the top programs but plays competitive football and doesn't have a team full of players breaking the law and being douche bags in public.

Very clear that they will let the players get away with anything down there as long as the team wins. Players don't fear consequences so they do whatever they want. Kirby has no control over them but the fans/admin at Georgia don't give a crap as long as the team is competing for the National Title.

I'm good with supporting a program that is unlikely to compete with the top programs but plays competitive football and doesn't have a team full of players breaking the law and being douche bags in public.
The driving recklessly thing could get really bad if it continues. Someone with a legal background would have to chime in but if one of those players kills someone not part of the program, could see a family/lawyer going after the coach and/or program for allowing it to go on for so long.

Two people in the program have already died, would have thought that would be enough for these bozos but apparently not.

The driving recklessly thing could get really bad if it continues. Someone with a legal background would have to chime in but if one of those players kills someone not part of the program, could see a family/lawyer going after the coach and/or program for allowing it to go on for so long.

Two people in the program have already died, would have thought that would be enough for these bozos but apparently not.
That last part is the one that shocks me as well. People in the program died and they are still out there driving like morons and doing stupid things. Complete lack of leadership on the part of the coaching staff, an occasional incident is one thing, when it is up in the 20s that is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

I've been clear on my position for years. I don't care if the U is handing out bags of cash, blow, cars, whatever. College football and hoops are big time, big money entertainment and the the goal is to win championships - not to win miss congeniality or citizen of the year.
I get what you're saying but agree and disagree to a certain extent.

I don't care if the Gophers are breaking/bending NCAA rules - the two most fun years I have had was a fan was when Jan G was writing papers for the Gopher men's basketball team and the 2019 football season (which I don't believe anything illegal was going on). I wouldn't be upset if the Gophers broke a few rules and our teams were more competitive.

I disagree when it comes to breaking the law. To me there is a fine line between the two. The Georgia program has a problem. I'd like to think they are smarter but people just aren't. Even at the professional level, the Vikings had a player killed by a drunk driver... a week later a player was pulled over for nearly the same thing - rumor I read was he was passed out from weed not drunk.

I get what you're saying but agree and disagree to a certain extent.

I don't care if the Gophers are breaking/bending NCAA rules - the two most fun years I have had was a fan was when Jan G was writing papers for the Gopher men's basketball team and the 2019 football season (which I don't believe anything illegal was going on). I wouldn't be upset if the Gophers broke a few rules and our teams were more competitive.

I disagree when it comes to breaking the law. To me there is a fine line between the two. The Georgia program has a problem. I'd like to think they are smarter but people just aren't. Even at the professional level, the Vikings had a player killed by a drunk driver... a week later a player was pulled over for nearly the same thing - rumor I read was he was passed out from weed not drunk.
Yep....bid difference between breaking/bending NCAA rules and breaking the law. Shouldn't be that hard to understand but people like Disco don't seem to care about breaking the law if it leads to winning games.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people that feel that way, especially when you start looking at the fanbases of the helmet schools.

If you don’t remember, Jake Olson was a blind long snapper at USC

A different article I read on the Rara Thomas debacle notes that 24 Georgia players have been arrested for DUI and/or serious reckless driving matters. Time frame not included, unfortunately. Implication was that it was during Kirby Smart's tenure?
No…that’s the number just since the deadly accident in January 2023 that killed a player and staff member.

No…that’s the number just since the deadly accident in January 2023 that killed a player and staff member.
If that is true (I can't corroborate myself), it is shocking. The difference between GA's athlete culture and the Gophers' is almost unfathomable. GA wins more, but I'll take the Gophers any day.

If that is true (I can't corroborate myself), it is shocking. The difference between GA's athlete culture and the Gophers' is almost unfathomable. GA wins more, but I'll take the Gophers any day.
I'd have preferred to have won two of the three previous national titles.

Anyone know how many of the 24 were actually convicted, or are we just calling everyone guilty until proven innocent?

You know how after many years somebody uncovered hazing at Northwestern?
We'll come to find out if you wanna run with big dogs in Georgia football your right of passage is getting arrested for drunk driving.

Imagine thinking there will ever be the death penalty again.

Old world - the death penalty is received for excessive spending on players from wealthy boosters

New world - the death penalty is received for not spending on players and having enough wealthy boosters

(see the fates of Oregon State, Washington State, and SMU in realignment)

Top Bottom