Twitter Threads

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
Unless there is absolute breaking news, the over-reaction to these kids' tweets has to stop. Who hasn't complained about something they love? Let these kids vent, joke or say whatever they want to say.

Let's all get off our "jump to conclusions mat" and live and let live.

jump-to-conclusions.jpg

I believe Coach Kill will take you point one step further and say that the young men on the football team need to stop tweeting about football and anything that puts themselves or the team in a negative light. Cooper has already apologized for his error.

One thread concerning the Twitter is all we need. "Gopher Tweets" and sticky it.

Welcome aboard.

Dirk, cute picture. Non sequitur. Non starter. Low on amps.

Keep up the good work.

Michael Bolton: You think the pet rock was a really great idea?
Tom Smykowski: Sure it was. The guy made a million dollars. You know, I had an idea like that once. A long time ago.
Peter Gibbons: Really, what was it, Tom?
Tom Smykowski: Well, all right. It was a "Jump to Conclusions" mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor, and it would have different conclusions written on it that you could jump to.

I give thanks for this thread. Great post, Dirk. Couldn't agree more.

I agree with the original post's essential point that these kids are just talking and that we shouldn't over analyze it, etc ... But, until kids learn that Twitter is public for all to see (most of the time) and that there are ramifications for what they write, its not going away and people are going to mention talk about it. A potential collegiate athlete in the school that I teach at Tweets and his public Twitter feed its filled with references to doing drugs, drinking, etc ...and I just want to take him and shake him and yell "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?" All of this technology is thrown at kids and they are not developmentally wise enough yet to handle it and, most of the time, are not getting adequate advice/consequences from parents at home regarding using it appropriately.

I'd be happy if Twitter were to just go away completely, and I feel the same way about Facebook. That's just me though. I'm only 44, but I tend to take somewhat of an old-school approach to things like that. I value my personal privacy and that of my family greatly, and have less than zero desire to put myself 'out there' in that manner, and feel that no one needs to know the minutiae of my day to day existence. To me those things lie in the realm of the 'young', it's kids stuff, so I'm all set with that.

Frankly I get sick of reading the word 'Twitter'. I mean it's just an absolutely ridiculous word to begin with.

I love twitter. Its a great resource for keeping your pulse on the things and people that are important to you. I'm not anti-twitter at all. We all just need to not be so knee-jerk. That's all.

Bob 1: "Tom Smykowski...he's worthless."
Bob 2: "Gone"

Top Bottom