Twin Cities Pro-Am

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Some interesting names on the rosters. I have a feeling that Team Tyus will be tough to best considering they are loaded with Bigs including former Purdue beast Isaac Haas.

6 teams. Rosters here.

I thought Haas got into legal trouble like immediately after the end of his college basketball career for knowingly giving someone an STD or something. Any idea why he's playing in this anyway? I feel like he has no connection to the state of Minnesota at either the high school, college, or pro level, other than playing against the Gophers a few times.

Saw Melvin Newbern's name listed, didn't he play for the Gophers in the 90's? Is he just participating in this tournament as a 40 or 50 something year old?

Other names I recognized were Daniel Oturu, Rashad Vaughn, Geno Crandall, Jordan Taylor, Sean Sutherlin, Michael Hurt, Siyani Chambers, and maybe a few others. Daniel Freitag I think is the only high school kid I saw that the Gophers are recruiting. Don't think I saw any current Gophers either. In the past, I thought I remembered at least some of the guys on the current roster participating in this, like maybe Dupree McBrayer or Isaiah Washington or Jordan Murphy.

I thought Haas got into legal trouble like immediately after the end of his college basketball career for knowingly giving someone an STD or something. Any idea why he's playing in this anyway? I feel like he has no connection to the state of Minnesota at either the high school, college, or pro level, other than playing against the Gophers a few times.

Saw Melvin Newbern's name listed, didn't he play for the Gophers in the 90's? Is he just participating in this tournament as a 40 or 50 something year old?

Other names I recognized were Daniel Oturu, Rashad Vaughn, Geno Crandall, Jordan Taylor, Sean Sutherlin, Michael Hurt, Siyani Chambers, and maybe a few others. Daniel Freitag I think is the only high school kid I saw that the Gophers are recruiting. Don't think I saw any current Gophers either. In the past, I thought I remembered at least some of the guys on the current roster participating in this, like maybe Dupree McBrayer or Isaiah Washington or Jordan Murphy.
Melvins son. A lot of names from the past on those rosters. After seeing the Devon Bosticks of the world dominate these types of leagues. I don’t take much stock in them.

Melvins son. A lot of names from the past on those rosters. After seeing the Devon Bosticks of the world dominate these types of leagues. I don’t take much stock in them.
It isn’t serious. It’s fun for fans and it’s free. Lots of kids. What stock are you trying to take?

Other names I recognized were Daniel Oturu, Rashad Vaughn, Geno Crandall, Jordan Taylor, Sean Sutherlin, Michael Hurt, Siyani Chambers, and maybe a few others. Daniel Freitag I think is the only high school kid I saw that the Gophers are recruiting. Don't think I saw any current Gophers either. In the past, I thought I remembered at least some of the guys on the current roster participating in this, like maybe Dupree McBrayer or Isaiah Washington or Jordan Murph
Theo John as well. I saw him last week at a restaurant in Anoka and wondered if he was here for the summer.

It isn’t serious. It’s fun for fans and it’s free. Lots of kids. What stock are you trying to take?
I agree, I noticed they have coaches, are they figure heads for the sponsor, never been to a game, just wondering.

I agree, I noticed they have coaches, are they figure heads for the sponsor, never been to a game, just wondering.
Yeah—more or less. I think this raises some money for charity and it’s fun for fans. I’m sure they draw up plays, handle substitutions, etc.

Zack Lofton - listed as playing in Kuwait. It's amazing where some of these guys wind up.

hey, if someone wants to pay you to play ball, go for it.

On Theo John - I heard somewhere that he was not playing for the Timberwolves Summer League team because of injury.

As a fan when future Gophers were tearing it up in Howard Pully summer league used to get excited about their game. Doesn’t always translate to college.

Last edited:

As a fan when future Gophers were tearing it up in Howard Pully summer league used to get excited about their game. Doesn’t always translate to college.
Oh. I’ve always assumed it was just an open gym basically. Anyone who thinks more than that is a bit ridiculous. Can’t imagine Tyus is going to really go hard at high school kids for 40 minutes.

I'm not 100% sure if it was Haas, but I believe he was sued and it really came down to him lying about being tested. Like she asked if he had been tested and he said he had been tested and was clean. The truth was that he has never been tested and I believe didn't actually have symptoms.

Is it common for current NBA players to play in tournaments like this? I'm surprised their contracts don't say they can't.

Top Bottom