Twas good knowin' ya Jedd...

I love how everyone bitches about Jedd all year, and now that he is leaving everyone is crying for him to stay. Doesn't anyone remember how much he ruined Weber????? Everyone QB is a little bit a system QB and Jedd's system would of ruined many gophers QB's careers. This is great news not only for Weber but for all of our underclassmen who want to play Qb for the gophs.

Good riddence! I was not that impressed with him.

I love how everyone bitches about Jedd all year, and now that he is leaving everyone is crying for him to stay. Doesn't anyone remember how much he ruined Weber????? Everyone QB is a little bit a system QB and Jedd's system would of ruined many gophers QB's careers. This is great news not only for Weber but for all of our underclassmen who want to play Qb for the gophs.

I ah, AGREE with Brew_recruit:eek:!

When Youngblood first posted about this Thursday night I can't say that I was to upset about it. The constant references to it are another matter. As long as the Offense stays the same there's probably a good chance that the next guy (Davis?) might throw away two or three volumes of plays and make things a wee less complicated.

Good riddence! I was not that impressed with him.
The Gophers didn't do much under his watch, but there wasn't enough time to really evaluate him one way or the other. Judging how much of an offense's struggles are due to scheme and personnel is hard enough, doubly so in such a transition period with a troubled roster like Minnesota's.

The Gophers didn't do much under his watch, but there wasn't enough time to really evaluate him one way or the other. Judging how much of an offense's struggles are due to scheme and personnel is hard enough, doubly so in such a transition period with a troubled roster like Minnesota's.

Could you qualify the "troubled roster" comment? I'm not really sure what you mean by that.

Could you qualify the "troubled roster" comment? I'm not really sure what you mean by that.
Troubled is probably a poor choice of words. I just mean that there were some personnel problems especially along the offensive line, some receivers that didn't pan out, lack of talent at tailback, etc. It's hard to decide how much of that is due to the offensive scheme and how much of that is due to the cupboard being a bit bare.

I find it interesting that Seattle has been reporting for days, that Fisch is EXPECTED to become the QB coach.

Jedd Fisch: Are the Minnesota Gophers Fighting To Keep Him? http://bit.ly/JeddFisch

HAHAHAHAHAHA ----- AGREED!

I do not think that anyone should be "crying for him to stay." The only crying you are hearing is from us Gopher fans who watched what happened to the offense as the year went on. I actually feel a little bad for Brewster if Fisch leaves as the turnover amongst his coordinators has been beyond ridiculous during his tenure.

When the next coach comes, presumably THIS one will be someone who has an existing staff that is comfortable running his system and is loyal to the head coach......

Can we ban JAYMEDINC all he is here to do is spam for an article he wrote. He is a solicitor.

Can we ban JAYMEDINC all he is here to do is spam for an article he wrote. He is a solicitor.

Wow, that is harsh. I'm a huge Gopher fan, and I have made a half dozen posts so far tonight (just signed up). Yes, I did comment on a couple Fisch threads and posted my article that I wrote for Bleacher Report last night. But I also set up my profile and contributed to other threads, just talking about Gopher football. I went into the Gopher baskeball area, but I'm too distraught about the loss today, to post there right now.

I've also been following GopherHole on Twitter for a couple weeks, and fanned it on facebook a couple hours ago.

Sure, I write articles about the Gophers, but sharing them here doesn't make me a "solicitor".

Thanks for changing the subject of the thread. Someone with your GopherHole experience should know better than that. You shouldn't make someone feel like they have to defend themselves off topic here. PM someone next time!

Now lets forget this ever happened, because I will be at GopherHole for a long time, and we don't need to be hating in eachother. Water under the bridge.

I like this JAYMEDINC guy. He is all right.

Sorry, it seems like you were just trying to drum up hits for your website by referencing your article in multiple threads.

I think Brewster was going off the obvious connections to Shanahan (Redskins), and Cutler (chicago). carroll, kinda came out of left field and after Sid's conversation with Brewster. So unless you expect head coaches to predict the future, he's no more at fault for this than you or me.

"Unless one expects the head coach to predict the future..."

That is one of the Brew's major flaws. Over the past 3 years, he's always predicting the future, PUBLICLY. Too much talk about winning Big 11 championships, taking Gopher Nation to Rose Bowls, contending for national championships, hiring the equivalent of 'killer shot' assistants, keeping the staff fully intact for another year, recruiting with/against the big boys and reeling in the Michael Floyd's, Willie Mobley's, Seantrel Henderson's, et al.

How many of the Brew's bold, public predictions have come true?
Too much talk, but never backing any of it up.

You'd think the guy would have learned something about managing expectations, especially as it relates to those not immediately inside the program.

What happens when the Gophers are sitting at 5-7 next Thanksgiving weekend, and then home for the Holidays? The earlier poster was correct...the Brew brings all of this down upon himself.

Another crying post about positivity? Iceland what is the right emoticon for this again?

Another crying post about positivity? Iceland what is the right emoticon for this again?

This :cry: or Old School style (semi-colon, semi-colon)

The use of emoticons can be traced back to the nineteenth century and were commonly used in casual/humorous writing. Digital forms of emoticons on the Internet were included in a proposal by Scott Fahlman in a message on 19 September 1982

I was going to go with QQ, but I thought that might be too hip.

Top Bottom