TV Viewer's Observation

Swede

Reaction score
Does it seem that the color guy for every game is an alumn of the team the Gophers are playing? Is Jim Dutcher unemployable?

To be fair, I thought Bardo did a really nice job with the commentary. Unlike Quin Buckner, Bardo didn't show his bias at all, IMO.

Bardo

I actually though Bardo went out of his way to praise the Gophers, even though it wasn't necessarily warranted.

Does it seem that the color guy for every game is an alumn of the team the Gophers are playing? Is Jim Dutcher unemployable?

Yes, to the BTN. I believe they won't allow anyone to only do home games, so if you're not willing to do the travel, they won't hire you. And Dutcher doesn't/didn't want to do that. I'm not sure if that is why they don't use Trent Tucker though?

Yes, to the BTN. I believe they won't allow anyone to only do home games, so if you're not willing to do the travel, they won't hire you. And Dutcher doesn't/didn't want to do that. I'm not sure if that is why they don't use Trent Tucker though?

It sure would be fun to listen to Dutch on a Gopher game again. Great insight w/o the bells and whistles.

Everyone's against us. The referees, the commentators, the guy selling popcorn....

Everyone's against us. The referees, the commentators, the guy selling popcorn....

Not saying they are against us, I don't think, but it is just very odd that the BTN seems to always have a commentator from the other school.

However, there is a reason Bill Simmons calls Minneapolis one of the most cursed cities in sports.

Not saying they are against us, I don't think, but it is just very odd that the BTN seems to always have a commentator from the other school.

However, there is a reason Bill Simmons calls Minneapolis one of the most cursed cities in sports.

It's because the Gophers have more oponents than other teams.

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom