Turgeon Schooled RP

Awesome thread. Really glad I clicked on this. Whole lotta insight you provided Barn.
You need an explanation of the strategy employed today, both offensive and defensive? Really?

RP made no adjustments to counter Turgeon. Spread out. Make Robbins useless.

Ok. Maryland played defense. Mn looked like they were hungover the entire game.
Bad passes, clanked ft, airballs.

I agree with BB. Make no mistake, the players didn’t play well today (that happens, we were due to stink it up in a home game), but I thought it was pretty apparent Turge had a plan and Pitino had no counter. Gophers looked lost the entire game. At some point that falls on the coaching staff.

The good news is Gophers are now due for a good road performance. Let’s go have one at Purdue that results in a win. Gophers got exposed today, so Pitino needs to counter.

Purdue is kind of a “crossroads” game of the season. Would take a lot of pressure off to get off the road schneid.

And that's your contribution? IALTO
What the hell does IALTO even mean? I've never seen that used before...
And I don't feel the need to contribute to a worthless thread pal.

You need an explanation of the strategy employed today, both offensive and defensive? Really?

RP made no adjustments to counter Turgeon. Spread out. Make Robbins useless.
I don't need an explanation. But this thread is a waste of time, you could've easily just said this shit in the game thread like the rest of us instead of making a whole new one.

I don't need an explanation. But this thread is a waste of time, you could've easily just said this shit in the game thread like the rest of us instead of making a whole new one.
Don’t read or respond. Tough for you?

Are you the thread initiation police? Tool.

What the hell does IALTO even mean? I've never seen that used before...
Obviously you do. Your zero contribution noted.

Times ain’t normal. Sunday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday is our schedule.
You try keeping guys sharp, focused, and ready playing once a week.

Coaches don’t get to shoot the ball for their teams. “Gophers have missed the last two shots by a combined 9 feet.” At any level that has to be a record. Wide open threes.

Can't agree with you more, needed to be said, not sure it was just a bad game though, the inability to play against a team that is more athletic and applies pressure on defense will happen over and over again. If they can't wheel and deal successfully the don't get into any type of an offense.

I noted this in the game thread but a prime example. Near the end of the 1st half we cut it to three, Turgeon calls a timeout, draws up a play and they get a dunk (on Gabe none the less, GASP!) they get another stop and score lead goes to 7. Pitino then calls a timeout in theory to set up a play. We dribble aimlessly for 25 seconds then scramble into a fade away deep 2 to avoid the shot clock. That is absolutely pathetic on Pitino's end. He's done better this year than I had anticipated but when the other team has a plan, we are totally stuck, adjustments are not a thing for Pitino.

Don't lose any sleep over it. Rest assured you made absolutely no contribution whatsoever.

I honestly think people on here are crazy when they think little Ricky is going to take this team anywhere after seeing the same thing over and over every year.

I honestly think people on here are crazy when they think little Ricky is going to take this team anywhere after seeing the same thing over and over every year.
Don't know if that's the argument...if it is i won't argue...I'll just argue against turgeon had a great coaching performance...he did for 7 first half minutes.

Maryland was baaaaaad after that...sadly we were worse

If we were ranking B1G coaches where would MT rank? Certainly above the crier, Archie Miller at IU. In fact everyone is.

Top Bottom