Tune into ESPN

TubbytownUSA

Banned
Reaction score
Coming up: BIG TEN BIDS

Everyone's favorite Digger is doing some talking. They also have Lunardi on.

ESPN is mocking the big ten to death now. wow.

Digger blahing about how Wisconsin is not good.

Bilas and Hubert were fine. Digger just said for the millionth time that the Big 10 sucks. But overall they weren't ragging on them. Just Digger

God I hate Digger Phelps. While I actually agree with him that Wisconsin shouldn't be a lock, his big ten bashing and blatant big east homerism is just god**mn irritating. He thinks the big ten isn't one of the best defensive conferences in the country? I can't wait for the tourney to prove him wrong when BT teams are winning 75-58.

Digger is dead wrong! The Big Ten is good; it will be proven in the tourney. Did he forget how the conference dominated in OOC play? Unbelievable. At least Jay Bilas was unbiased. He made some good points.

"Better chance of getting in the tourney in the Big East due to them getting 7-8 teams in every year."

Nope. Big East has 17 teams. That's 41% chance.

Big ten has 11 and gets 6-7. That's 54% chance.

MinnMarchDTF, you hit on the one thing that bothers me when everyone makes a big deal about the Big East getting up to 8 teams in the tourney. It shouldn't be that hard when you have 16 teams. Every other big conference only needs 5 or 6 to match that. In my opinion 7 out of 11 is much more impressive than 7 out of 16. All the same it seems important for the Big Ten to have a good showing in the tourney to prove all the skeptics wrong. Sadly I may have to even cheer for Wisconsin as hard as that is to do.

There's also a possible geographical match-up that scares me for the Big Ten. The possible #2MSU vs. #15 NDSU game in Minneapolis. NDSU will be playing with a ton of emotion and will have ton of fans here if that happens. They will definitely have the home court advantage over whoever they play if they get the Minneapolis site.

I hope MSU plays the buffalos. MSU has something to prove and will destroy them if they meet.

Bilas referenced the smashmouth mentality of the Big 10 conference and then pointed out that Ohio State's Final Four team averaged 60+ points during the Big 10 season and then posted 80+ during the tournament. Once they got away from the Big 10 grind things opened up for them a bit. Of course that didn't sway Digger who appears visibly upset when the Big 10 is brought up.

I'm the biggest Big Ten homer there is, and even I have to concede some truth to the criticisms.

Big Ten basketball is almost unbearable to watch. And most of you know it.

First team to 60 wins!

:cheer:

Digger says one thing and then contradicts himself all in about 1 minute of analysis...it happens time after time. His lack of prep is very apparent. Tune him out, that's the best thing to do with Digger.

Digger prep...

Digger says one thing and then contradicts himself all in about 1 minute of analysis...it happens time after time. His lack of prep is very apparent. Tune him out, that's the best thing to do with Digger.

Digger's prep consists of matching his tie to his highlighter ! He is the worst.

Bilas referenced the smashmouth mentality of the Big 10 conference and then pointed out that Ohio State's Final Four team averaged 60+ points during the Big 10 season and then posted 80+ during the tournament. Once they got away from the Big 10 grind things opened up for them a bit. Of course that didn't sway Digger who appears visibly upset when the Big 10 is brought up.

Jay Bilas is a good analyst. I wish more were like him. He knows what he's talking about, he backs up his statements with facts, and he's unbiased, even though he doesn't have to be (isn't he a Dukie).

I'm the biggest Big Ten homer there is, and even I have to concede some truth to the criticisms.

Big Ten basketball is almost unbearable to watch. And most of you know it.

First team to 60 wins!

:cheer:

I have to admit to having similar feelings. It's almost like the entire league has followed the style that Wisconsin perfected. Ugly but effective. Having said that, if that translates into wins in the tournament, then great.

MinnMarchDTF, you hit on the one thing that bothers me when everyone makes a big deal about the Big East getting up to 8 teams in the tourney. It shouldn't be that hard when you have 16 teams. Every other big conference only needs 5 or 6 to match that. In my opinion 7 out of 11 is much more impressive than 7 out of 16. All the same it seems important for the Big Ten to have a good showing in the tourney to prove all the skeptics wrong. Sadly I may have to even cheer for Wisconsin as hard as that is to do.

There's also a possible geographical match-up that scares me for the Big Ten. The possible #2MSU vs. #15 NDSU game in Minneapolis. NDSU will be playing with a ton of emotion and will have ton of fans here if that happens. They will definitely have the home court advantage over whoever they play if they get the Minneapolis site.

MSU will win by 20+, guards will pressure woodside and force the others to knock down shots. Izzo will get game film of when they got spanked at the barn. Good story up until the game starts

Top Bottom