Tubby's Post Game Comments

Blizzard

Reaction score
Only caught two via Twitter

After 71-63 loss to Michigan, coach Tubby Smith was down on his team's defensive effort, starting with Lawrence Westbrook.

"We need him to take some charges and get on the floor for loose balls."

Tubby also down on team's poise. "That's why you go out and you recruit better players. Hopefully we'll get that in the future."

Overall, sorry folks, I thought that was just plain embarrassing tonight.

Much too hot in here to say much else.

All of the posters with 20/30/40 posts certainly do seem to come out of the woodwork after these games don't they?

I love how being new to Gopherhole means that you are definitely not a gopher fan. I have no dog in this fight, i just find it lame that people always point to the amount of posts someone has to define their fandom. lame.

well he's saying that there are definitely some people that just come on here when things are down and get everybody riled up...

"That's why you go out and you recruit better players. Hopefully we'll get that in the future."

Coach Smith said that? If true, it's going to make for some interesting exit interviews and some guys are going to get challenged.

Cobbs, Iverson, Bostick all have no place on a d-1 court. Rodney can't dribble or shoot he needed to RS. Those are both facts.

Tubby

Maybe Tubby is indirectly sending a message to the players that are considering transferring.

Maybe Tubby is indirectly sending a message to the players that are considering transferring.

It's ususally only a good idea to run guys off if you have a bevy of talent chomping at the bit to get schollys if space clears. That doesn't appear to be the case right now- based on our log of prospective recruits.

From what I have seen since coming here a short time ago, reading numerous threads, one thing is apparent...Losing cause dissension for coaches, players, and most of all, posters. Lots of arguing and venting and passing personal insults. What is gained? Posters argue and lay blame. I guess my question is, what can WE do, as fans, to help the Gophers, instead of run them down?

I guess my question is, what can WE do, as fans, to help the Gophers, instead of run them down?

Start sending cash to 5 star recruits?

It's hard to believe that tubbi can't get the great athletes to Minn. like he got to UK. You know, guys like Obrzut, Alleyne, Sheray Thomas, Morikinyo Williams, AJ Stewart, Bobby Perry, Adam Williams, Mike Porter, Harris, Jared Carter, and Stockton. Yep, without players like that he just might not want to try to out-athlete the other teams.

It's hard to believe that tubbi can't get the great athletes to Minn. like he got to UK. You know, guys like Obrzut, Alleyne, Sheray Thomas, Morikinyo Williams, AJ Stewart, Bobby Perry, Adam Williams, Mike Porter, Harris, Jared Carter, and Stockton. Yep, without players like that he just might not want to try to out-athlete the other teams.

Just stop. If you want to flame go find another outlet. I understand your criticism but a. this isn't the place for it if you're going to act like a troll and b. you're not making any sort of reasonable argument.

You're a guest here. Act like it.

When you spell it "tubbi" I know you're one of Katman 2000's racists. Take off your white sheet.

You forgot to mention athletes like Tay Prince, Keith Bogans, Erik Daniels, Gerald Fitch, Chuck Hayes, Kelenna Azubuike, Randolph Morris, Rajon Rondo, Joe Crawford, Jodie Meeks (et al) as some of Tubby's UK recruits.

"That's why you go out and you recruit better players. Hopefully we'll get that in the future."

Well it's true. The roster is full of mid level D-1 players. No top end talent on the court at all. We need 1-2 impact players to turn it around, or 3-4 really good players.

That is the nice think about BB compared to FB, 1 or 2 guys can turn around a whole program. Hopefully he get CJ for next year and TM comes back, and we might be ready to rock.

Top Bottom