Tubby==What was that???!!

skoalvikings

Reaction score
Tubby--please learn how to diagram a decent play--that was a complete joke.

I guess the good news is he'll be able to work on that skill in a nice NIT run. Tough loss today.

I really doubt that was the play he wanted to run. A throw up in the lane? No way.

Have to do something different. Use Hoff as a screener. Get the shot off earlier. At least if you miss, you have a chance at the rebound. Even if Mich ST gets it, foul. They make both, you are still only down 3. Pitiful execution.

I think Devoe pretty much blew up the play by picking up his dribble.

Hoffarber had a pretty good chance to score or get to the line if he didnt panic at the end. He had 1 full second which woulda been plenty of time to gather and score. Such a tough loss!

Its the kind of loss that NIT teams take. Good effort, just not good enuf.

Tubby's strong suit has never been on the offensive end. He's an outstanding defensive coach and I think his tactical ability during a game is very, very good but he has always had problems with the O and getting his players to execute on that end in crunch time. See the first OT of the 2005 Elite Eight against Michigan State. Rondo pounds the ball into the floor, ignores two cutters coming off a backscreen and then tries a wild shot at the end that doesn't have a prayer.

Tubby's going to win with defense, rebounding, out-hustling opponents and creating easy shots in transition with his defense.

That's Westbrook being Westbrook.
Live by the Westbrook, die by the Westbrook.
His best play was the bounce pass off the butt of the MSU player.
Oh, and remember that Westbrook is not Tubby's recruit. As much he is a senior and our best go-to guy, he is deeply flawed. We're 2 seasons away from Tubby's seniors. Hopefully, some of the big problems (RW, TM, AL) with this year get worked out. Without these problems, we'd be in a different situation.

to be fair

I think Devoe pretty much blew up the play by picking up his dribble.

to be fair I believe that was caused by good defensive pressure but you make a good point. In any case Devoe played a GREAT game today.

Championship teams win games because they win these possessions.

We know who the championship caliber team was today. Sadly.

:cry:

Top Bottom