Tubby Tip-Off?

Gopher10

Reaction score
Is there such a thing this year? If there is can i get more info on it. Like dates, time, cost, and so forth. Thanks

October 16th. Last year it started earlier- 9:00PM perhaps? Not sure and I see nothing more than a date of gophersports.com

All I know is that it is October 16th likely at 7:30

What all do they do there? I know there's a dunk contest, and then a scrimmage or something? Do a lot of people go? I'm wondering if it's worth it to go.

I have gone several times and enjoyed it. Attendance varies year to year, but I have never seen a crowd nearing 1/2 capacity at Williams. They typically do individual introductions with music and flashing lights. The dunk contests usually add some fun although some of the dunkers are average at best. Seeing Rodney dunk this year should add to the excitement as his hops are incredible. Don't expect a lot from the scrimmage as it is usually pretty short. With that said, I think it is a great way to start the basketball season and would encourage all to attend. I think the event would even be more enjoyable with a larger crowd. If they hold the event earlier than midnight, that may add to the crowd.

It would be great to pack the lower level, at least. Maybe the Marketing department could cook up something good to bring people in. Too late for this year, but to create a buzz somehow. Potential recruits could come in and see a packed Barn and get a feeling for what is in store for them.

If the team makes the Sweet 16 in a given year, I'm sure that would go a long way to creating buzz for the following year's Tip-Off.

Just found out I have a conflict that night. I really wanted to see Rodney and Trevor in the dunk contest. I guess I'll have to wait for the dunks once the season starts.

Top Bottom