Tubby Tells Sid: I'm not a candidate

The main BS part I was refering to was the comment that Administration is backing us because I've heard that is Tubby's main complaint about Minnesota. He was hired the same time as Beilein at Michigan and both expressed immediately a need for a practice facility and while Tubby is still waiting just to get the project off the ground here at MN, Michigan approved it within a year and will have it built by 2011. That is an example MN coaches like to point out.

I have a very close friend coaching in a non revenue sport. The glacial pace of the administration is something they all complain about. He/she, too, thinks that part of the reason why Tubby lets a little speculation bubble up from time to time is to keep some pressure on the administration to moving forward on projects. Hell, even Anderson needed to do a little of it to get the baseball stadium moving - and there is NO one more MN Gopher in the department than John.

Tubby is very well respected and well liked in the department. Always seems genuinely happy to be a Gopher. He/she does not sense Tubby wants to go anywhere.

What about Donna?

I don't believe Tubby is going to Auburn. It just wouldn't make any sense.

That said, I do worry about other places (not necessarily open right now). I keep hearing from various message boards, nothing first hand, that Donna does not like Minnesota or the weather.

Does anyone actually know if this is true?

P.S. It sounds like Paul Hewitt very badly wants out of Ga. Tech perhaps making a real play for the St. Johns job. The Ga. Tech job is a job that would scare me about luring Tubby away. (Just trying to do my job to spread fear and loathing throughout the Gopher community.)

I don't believe Tubby is going to Auburn. It just wouldn't make any sense.

That said, I do worry about other places (not necessarily open right now). I keep hearing from various message boards, nothing first hand, that Donna does not like Minnesota or the weather.

Does anyone actually know if this is true?

P.S. It sounds like Paul Hewitt very badly wants out of Ga. Tech perhaps making a real play for the St. Johns job. The Ga. Tech job is a job that would scare me about luring Tubby away. (Just trying to do my job to spread fear and loathing throughout the Gopher community.)

Ga. Tech is certainly a far more realistic threat then Auburn or Oregon. I'd put it on par with UVa. It's not Maryland, but it might be close enough. If Paul Hewitt wants out so bad, we could do worse for Tubby's replacement. Maybe a trade: Tubby and Brew for Hewitt and Johnson?

As things pertain to Auburn, it appears even the Tigers fans themselves have pretty much given up on the whole Tubby thing. They've lined up interviews with a lot of mid and low major coaches, so it appears that's where they are hoping to sign their next coach.

As for Georgia Tech, it is certainly a better job than Auburn and is probably a notch above Virginia at this point. Having said that, it'd be interesting to see where they would look if Hewitt decides to go somewhere else.

Top Bottom