Tubby Smith's Son Earns First Head Coaching Job

HOOP DREAMS

Reaction score
When is Saul going to jump out of the nest? What level will/can he coach at?

____

Brian Smith has been named head boys basketball coach at Rancho Solano Prep (Glendale, Ariz.), according to Richard Obert of the Arizona Republic. He is the son of University of Minnesota head coach Tubby Smith.

Smith had been coaching at Windermere Prep (Windermere, Fla.) since 2009, but this will be his first head job. He also served as assistant athletic director.

The campus will move to north Scottsdale this summer.

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwire-national-blog/xQrUvqlNqUKJDHgVaBFsFw/tubby-smiths-son,-brian,-to-coach-in-arizona.htm

dude. it is a high school.

That's what I was thinking. Then thinking about it, it's a Prep school in one of the wealthiest areas in the US and he will be an assistant AD, so there is probably some cash. But, yes Tubby's son is a HS coach, seems a touch weak.

That's what I was thinking. Then thinking about it, it's a Prep school in one of the wealthiest areas in the US and he will be an assistant AD, so there is probably some cash. But, yes Tubby's son is a HS coach, seems a touch weak.

I would think if your interest is actually coaching you would get much more satisfaction at the high school level than college.

Saul has had a few assistant D1 jobs away from Tubby. The premise of this thread is rather odd.

Top Bottom