Tubby Smith show

One hour show this year - it was only a half hour last year.

I am hesitant to bring up this subject but ------

I thought I heard a slight bit of optimism regarding Mbakwe.

Someone asked about the suspensions --- paraphrasing now

Tubby said all are still suspended - no Anaheim for any of them.

Each incident is an individual situation and will be dealt with that way.

He hopes that all will eventually return.

They all need to do things to get back and all are well on the way to accomplishing that.

But all are suspended indefinitely.

He cautioned that he was not speaking about the legal aspects of Mbakwe's case - but he thought that he was not guilty of the incident and that he was falsely accused.

He said that he might be looking at possible exoneration (maybe he said - soon).

Devron is practicing with the team.

He did not mention White specifically other than his general comment that he hoped will return and all are well on their way to getting back with the team.

They all need to do things to get back and all are well on the way to accomplishing that.

He cautioned that he was not speaking about the legal aspects of Mbakwe's case - but he thought that he was not guilty of the incident and that he was falsely accused.

He said that he might be looking at possible exoneration (maybe he said - soon).

He did not mention White specifically other than his general comment that he hoped will return and all are well on their way to getting back with the team.

Thanks for the update.

Well, those are good things to hear. I really think that the Gophers are a solid tournament team either way, but they are still lacking the toughness that Royce and Trevor could bring. If we can get them back...the sky is the limit.

Thanks for the recap rrjack!

Go Gophers!!

Well, those are good things to hear. I really think that the Gophers are a solid tournament team either way, but they are still lacking the toughness that Royce and Trevor could bring. If we can get them back...the sky is the limit.

I've already mentioned this before, but this team is going to be good regardless of whether Royce, Trevor and Devron play this year or in future years.

Having said that, if we could get all three back either later this year or in Trevor and/or Royce's case next year, the team would obviously be pretty well stacked.

I've already mentioned this before, but this team is going to be good regardless of whether Royce, Trevor and Devron play this year or in future years.

Having said that, if we could get all three back either later this year or in Trevor and/or Royce's case next year, the team would obviously be pretty well stacked.

This team will be good without those guys but maybe very very good with them, particularly the bigs. That toughness will be needed come B10 season

I agree. I was so sick of seeing our centers being pushed out of paint during the previous game. We cannot pray for 3s to fall every game. We need some strong PFs.

The show was at Major's in St. Louis Park/Golden Valley. I happened to be there last evening and watched the show live...

Let's stop including Devron with the other two...he's not very good and probably doesn't deserve to play even if his name was Mother Theresa. The other two are the ones we need in the lineup. Royce will help immensely in the half-court offense (which pretty much sucks right now) and Trevor will help keep Mr. Iverson from seeing the court.

Let's stop including Devron with the other two...he's not very good and probably doesn't deserve to play even if his name was Mother Theresa. The other two are the ones we need in the lineup. Royce will help immensely in the half-court offense (which pretty much sucks right now) and Trevor will help keep Mr. Iverson from seeing the court.

I wouldn't say that a guy who was JC player of the year isn't very good. He's plenty good. But until he buys into what Tubby's doing and puts forth the concentrated effort and heart necessary to be a good defensive player, he won't get much chance. And he's running out of time to do it.

You all tend to agree that the team will be good with or without Trevor and White. What I see is a team that will be a slightly better than last year. What we are missing is size inside, "pounders" and "bangers".

With Trevor and White on the team we have a much better chance of beating Michigan St. and Ohio St.

We need someone who can dominate the glass and those two players will help significantly.

At some point, i think it would benefit the team to have all three just sit out the season. If for some reason White and Bostick are cleared to play this season (I'm assuming Mbakwe has no chance), it could seriously interfere with the chemistry of the squad.

Top Bottom