Tubby Smith press conference talking about loss of Trevor Mbakwe

Thanks for the report, GL. The team has to move forward w/o Trevor, and they will. Good luck to these guys.

p.s. For awhile I thought brucekaupa was trying to horn in on the spot of your #1 stalker, then I see he edited and changed your name in the post to JB. I was worried for awhile. :)

brucekaupa
brucekaupa is online now Senior Member

We all know that it's JB's hotness that tricks players into giving away more information than they would to Maxey.

Last edited by brucekaupa; Today at 08:08 AM.

Doc, still your #1 stalker. :)

I like EE. He sounds like a smart kid who knows what needs to be done and is willing to do what it takes to get it done. He may be a "beneficiary" if you will, as his minutes will increase without Trevor. He is still a little awkward physically, but he is not afraid to mix it up. Excellent choice to represent the players at the press conference.

Thanks for all of your updates Nadine.

Thanks for the report, GL. The team has to move forward w/o Trevor, and they will. Good luck to these guys.

p.s. For awhile I thought brucekaupa was trying to horn in on the spot of your #1 stalker, then I see he edited and changed your name in the post to JB. I was worried for awhile. :)

brucekaupa
brucekaupa is online now Senior Member

We all know that it's JB's hotness that tricks players into giving away more information than they would to Maxey.

Last edited by brucekaupa; Today at 08:08 AM.

Doc, still your #1 stalker. :)

Whew! Good thing, otherwise it would be a toss up who I liked to be stalked by most.

HolyMan - I agree, I think this kid is going to really shine in a year or two, maybe earlier with more PT. I believe he got an offer to Stanford, and he struck me right away as well spoken and bright.

I like the comments from both EE and Oto. The one about everyone grabbing two more rebounds from Oto and EE saying he needs to be more consistent. For both being freshmen, they seem very mature.

Busted...so does that mean I stalk JB now?

I *did* follow GL on twitter for about a week, but my phone broke from her tweeting too much.

I like EE. He sounds like a smart kid who knows what needs to be done and is willing to do what it takes to get it done. He may be a "beneficiary" if you will, as his minutes will increase without Trevor. He is still a little awkward physically, but he is not afraid to mix it up. Excellent choice to represent the players at the press conference.

I'm glad he talks a good game, HM, but I've never before seen a man on a college roster ever completely miss iron on two close-in shots in the same half of a basketball game. My only expectation of him is that he remain upright most of the time. All that said, I like his defense, and he might be the answer to at least take up some space in the middle.

gall0249 said:
A little off-topic, I've never heard the guy talk so i was wondering if Oto has a strong European accent or if he's been Americanized. In my head he talks like Drago from Rocky 4.

He has a little bit of an accent, but it isn't anything extreme.

I'm glad he talks a good game, HM, but I've never before seen a man on a college roster ever completely miss iron on two close-in shots in the same half of a basketball game. My only expectation of him is that he remain upright most of the time. All that said, I like his defense, and he might be the answer to at least take up some space in the middle.
He played decent against Indiana St. Like he said, he can't be so inconsistent.

Busted...so does that mean I stalk JB now?

I *did* follow GL on twitter for about a week, but my phone broke from her tweeting too much.

Lol - sorry, I hope I don't need to reimburse you for that! The crazy thing is I only Tweet a fraction of what I want to! Better that JB has his own stalker, sharing the love.

A little off-topic, I've never heard the guy talk so i was wondering if Oto has a strong European accent or if he's been Americanized. In my head he talks like Drago from Rocky 4.

I think he does have a pretty strong accent.

Oh god, now I am just picturing him saying "I must break IU".

Top Bottom