Tubby quote on Mbakwe

I'm talking about if these numbers were to translate into the NCAA.

I wasn't really into the gophers when bobby J and Ray Williams were around...partly because i wasn't born when Ray Williams was around...I was about 4 feet tall when bobby J played for the gophers...I'm sorry I'm not a stats noob...I only really care about the present team...Is it my fault that I don't know these guys...I don't think so...But I understand how you proabably all grew up loving Ray Williams...Bobby J was probably one of the best gophers ever as well...I played the game in high school I wasn't on google searching gopher stats all day...nor was I the water boy...Neither do I make negative and B.S assumptions about this team because I'm in love with Marquette...I'm sure they have a site where you can chat...rather then come on here to tell us how we won't be getting certain players...when your really never know.

I wasn't really into the gophers when bobby J and Ray Williams were around...partly because i wasn't born when Ray Williams was around...I was about 4 feet tall when bobby J played for the gophers...I'm sorry I'm not a stats noob...I only really care about the present team...Is it my fault that I don't know these guys...I don't think so...But I understand how you proabably all grew up loving Ray Williams...Bobby J was probably one of the best gophers ever as well...I played the game in high school I wasn't on google searching gopher stats all day...nor was I the water boy...Neither do I make negative and B.S assumptions about this team because I'm in love with Marquette...I'm sure they have a site where you can chat...rather then come on here to tell us how we won't be getting certain players...when your really never know.

Hahah... time to shuttup was a looong time ago, youngin. "Is it my fault that I don't know these guys....I don't think so". Yeah, when you make stupid comments that ignore them, most certainly it is your fault. You're not a very bright kid. I wish you well.

He should redshirt unless he doesn't want to. We're all assuming he wants to stick around through the 2011-12 season. He may want to move on before then.

I never said he would be an All-American, nor do I think he should be. He just happens to play at a position of need for us (there are no true power forwards currently on our roster) and quotes I've read from players and newspapers saying he dominates everyday lead me to believe that he can at least help the team a little bit. By the way, he played around 10 games at Marquette because he was rehabbing from a torn ACL all season and hadn't even been playing basketball. If Crean didn't think he was good enough to help the team I'm guessing he would have just redshirted him, but he didn't. I think he will help the team a lot when he's back.

He pulled his own redshirt at Marquette because he knew has transferring and had nothing to lose.

Hahah... time to shuttup was a looong time ago, youngin. "Is it my fault that I don't know these guys....I don't think so". Yeah, when you make stupid comments that ignore them, most certainly it is your fault. You're not a very bright kid. I wish you well.

So I'm not a stats noob like you...I excel in other areas...I don't think a person taking up engineering and doing quite well is stupid.

spell check: shuttup? shut up...looong= long...I don't care if you're putting stress on the vowels because your so sick of me...You are great at finding recruits...you are just so ignorant and negative it's almost pathetic.

Wow....Grier the only decent juco?

As stated earlier, he left off Jackson, Bennet and Williams. But how about Kevin Clark? He wasn't all world or anything, but he had some good years player with Quincy with the old Lewis and Clark era.

It's not your fault that you don't know those guys, but it is your fault to say that Grier was the only great Juco player "in Gophers history" when you clearly don't know Gophers basketball history and didn't take time to research the facts.

Quit arguing on this thread before you continue to get buried even deeper.

I am glad Gopher warrior has me on ignor.....you guys have to quit looking in the rear view mirrors...unfortunatly, if you look through the windshield we see an NIT berth this year ...and that liitle yellow bug splat is Gopher warrior....also, next year looks very bright with RW and TM playing side by side grabbing rebounds...scoring and challenging for the Big10 title....

Correct on Charlotte

but he transfered to a JUCO before coming to Minnesota. (Dixie J.C. in Utah, I think. could easily be wrong)

Do you think anyone on the Gophers is good? Do you find anything positive in watching the gophers?

You're putting words in peoples' mouths. Nobody thinks he's All-American material. Do you always need to exaggerate to make your point appear better than it really is?

We don't have a PF on our team. We don't have a good rebounder on our team. We don't have a good, physical player in the lane. Even if Trevor and Royce aren't proven at the college level, they bring those qualities that I just listed that we are lacking, and they both are easily an upgrade from who we play at "PF". We aren't just imagining that they are good. Both were tabbed as the top newcomers in the BT by some sites, including ESPN.

And don't give me that crap that he did nothing at Marquette. You know he was injured. You know he's effective because of his athleticism. When you're injured and your strength is in your athleticism, it's kind of hard to be a factor.

Yes, thank you. Those of us who saw him in Tip-off can say what a monster Trevor is. He is by far the best player in our team and one of the most athletic players that I have ever seen. I still think that it is better to use him during the next 2 seasons though.

Feel free to respond to my post. You still have yet to respond to any of my posts calling out how ridiculous the majority of your arguments are.

He pulled his own redshirt at Marquette because he knew has transferring and had nothing to lose.

Feel free to respond to my post. You still have yet to respond to any of my posts calling out how ridiculous the majority of your arguments are.

don't even listen to that d bag. He says stuff just to get under your skin.

True. Unfortunately I always fall into his trap among others.

Underground - for once try arguing with facts and logic instead of just calling someones posts "ridiculous". You offer nothing as far as an argument goes and start crying like a little girl when people blast you back. You're the biggest offender in this room of being a little cry-baby. A better moniker for you would be "French-Cries".....

I still remember playing up at the community center with Jefferson Mason, Jermain Davis and another buddy who ended up playing d-2 ball. The four of us were playing and Trevor walked in. Immediately my first thought was what the hell is he doing here? He walked up to us and said I'll take any 3 players in the gym and winner stays. We played up to 21. After ten minutes the empty gym turned into a spectacle. It was insane, the place was filled with players from all over the metro area. We ended up losing and Trevor put on one hell of a show. Having seen his atheltic ability that day, really opened my eyes. It was unforunate he suffered the ACL injury at Marquette, but for Crean to play him for minimal games, says he's a true player with lots of potential. You can see his athletic ability and potential shine thru. I hope his legal troubles sort themselves out, cause his talent is remarkable and would greatly make up for the loss of Royce next season. With Sampsons development, Rodney gaining another year of experience, Devoe improving, etc...the next year shouldnt be as bleak as some are making it out to be. Granted, we will lose a few top players in Johnson and Westbrook, but we gotta hope for improvement and possibly adding Cory. Anyway, I hope for the best regardless of the outcome. Just my two cents.

I already did post the facts about Trevor... the post you're quoting was asking him to respond to it. How exactly do my arguments not have logic? I called his posts ridiculous in addition to arguing with facts. Cry me a river. Where are your facts btw? Do you consider your claims that are backed up by your "sources" facts?

Show me where I "cry like a little girl" when someone has blasted me? Let's see you back this "argument" of yours up with "logic" and "facts". This will probably be one of my posts that you choose to ignore since you know you're wrong, or else you'll come up with some odd, offensive analogy and tell me that I can't handle people like you challenging the status quo around here. Then somehow you'll manage to add in that Royce expected to play in the last Penn St. game and that we're NIT bound.

You're the one crying here. It's obvious that you're upset that I've called out so many of your posts. I hate to break it to you, but there's a reason that so many people blast your posts more than mine.

Underground - for once try arguing with facts and logic instead of just calling someones posts "ridiculous". You offer nothing as far as an argument goes and start crying like a little girl when people blast you back. You're the biggest offender in this room of being a little cry-baby. A better moniker for you would be "French-Cries".....

I still remember playing up at the community center with Jefferson Mason, Jermain Davis and another buddy who ended up playing d-2 ball. The four of us were playing and Trevor walked in. Immediately my first thought was what the hell is he doing here? He walked up to us and said I'll take any 3 players in the gym and winner stays. We played up to 21. After ten minutes the empty gym turned into a spectacle. It was insane, the place was filled with players from all over the metro area. We ended up losing and Trevor put on one hell of a show. Having seen his atheltic ability that day, really opened my eyes. It was unforunate he suffered the ACL injury at Marquette, but for Crean to play him for minimal games, says he's a true player with lots of potential. You can see his athletic ability and potential shine thru. I hope his legal troubles sort themselves out, cause his talent is remarkable and would greatly make up for the loss of Royce next season. With Sampsons development, Rodney gaining another year of experience, Devoe improving, etc...the next year shouldnt be as bleak as some are making it out to be. Granted, we will lose a few top players in Johnson and Westbrook, but we gotta hope for improvement and possibly adding Cory. Anyway, I hope for the best regardless of the outcome. Just my two cents.

In your game, did Mbewke take a break and punch someones girlfireind in the face, or did you not see this side of him. No one doubts he would help the team but that unfortunately is not what is keeping him from playing. If he did what he is accused of, he won't be back.

Watchful

Just curious when this community center meeting was.

Thanks for the post.

It was unforunate he suffered the ACL injury at Marquette, but for Crean to play him for minimal games, says he's a true player with lots of potential. I hope his legal troubles sort themselves out. With Sampsons development, Rodney gaining another year of experience, Devoe improving, etc...the next year shouldnt be as bleak as some are making it out to be. Granted, we will lose a few top players in Johnson and Westbrook, but we gotta hope for improvement and possibly adding Cory. Anyway, I hope for the best regardless of the outcome. Just my two cents.

Let's be careful about the 'for Crean to play him for minimal games' comment - the fact he was allowed to play for Marquette does not say he's a true player with lots of potential.

Nonetheless, he is a baller with lots of potential (but not because he played a few minutes for MU). The issue is whether or not he'll ever play for us... and if I had to put money on whether Royce or Trevor would ever play for the Gophers, my $$ would still be on RW today. (big, big money on neither if that was a betting option)

Sadly, some understate the value of Damian Johnson. Cory is an outside chance at best.

But, yes - with Devoe, Ralph, Colton, and long Rod capable of taking significant steps forward year over year, there is a chance this team can compete and get into the tourney next year (although a Big Ten title is out of the question). You add, Royce, Trevor, and others.. different story. The upsetting thing is that it also could get ugly real quick. I don't agree with the substitution patterns that occur now, but lawd almight, if we see a 5 for 5 just a few minutes into a game next year, look out.

Millions of Missed Layups

In your game, did Mbewke take a break and punch someones girlfireind in the face, or did you not see this side of him. No one doubts he would help the team but that unfortunately is not what is keeping him from playing. If he did what he is accused of, he won't be back.

Mbakwe.

Trevor Mbakwe.

Mbakwe.

I already did post the facts about Trevor... the post you're quoting was asking him to respond to it. How exactly do my arguments not have logic? I called his posts ridiculous in addition to arguing with facts. Cry me a river. Where are your facts btw? Do you consider your claims that are backed up by your "sources" facts?

Show me where I "cry like a little girl" when someone has blasted me? Let's see you back this "argument" of yours up with "logic" and "facts". This will probably be one of my posts that you choose to ignore since you know you're wrong, or else you'll come up with some odd, offensive analogy and tell me that I can't handle people like you challenging the status quo around here. Then somehow you'll manage to add in that Royce expected to play in the last Penn St. game and that we're NIT bound.

You're the one crying here. It's obvious that you're upset that I've called out so many of your posts. I hate to break it to you, but there's a reason that so many people blast your posts more than mine.

Underground, I challenge you to a "post-off"....Mono-e-mono. The winner gets bragging rights. Ill find the judges you pick the time...

ps: We are NIT bound even with the thrashing over Penn State, ohh yah we won by 2 points. White expected to play v. Ohio State, he was not allowed and he quit the team. My facts were not wrong, the outcome was and we lost White for now.

Let's be careful about the 'for Crean to play him for minimal games' comment - the fact he was allowed to play for Marquette does not say he's a true player with lots of potential.

Nonetheless, he is a baller with lots of potential (but not because he played a few minutes for MU). The issue is whether or not he'll ever play for us... and if I had to put money on whether Royce or Trevor would ever play for the Gophers, my $$ would still be on RW today. (big, big money on neither if that was a betting option)

Sadly, some understate the value of Damian Johnson. Cory is an outside chance at best.

But, yes - with Devoe, Ralph, Colton, and long Rod capable of taking significant steps forward year over year, there is a chance this team can compete and get into the tourney next year (although a Big Ten title is out of the question). You add, Royce, Trevor, and others.. different story. The upsetting thing is that it also could get ugly real quick. I don't agree with the substitution patterns that occur now, but lawd almight, if we see a 5 for 5 just a few minutes into a game next year, look out.

Gopher Warrior, how do you see the value of Damien Johnson? I'm curious on your opinion?

Just curious when this community center meeting was.

Thanks for the post.

Maple Grove Community Center, I believe he was still playing with Henry Sibley at the time cause my reaction was, "why on earth is this kid up here from sibley?" So that'd make it the summer he would've been a Senior, which is when he ended up transferring over to St. Benards after moving down to Atlanta for a short time. So I believe the year was 2006, cause Jermain and Jefferson were seniors.

Just a memorable time, never had seen a gym fill up so quickly.

I don't believe anyone has ever seen this side of Trevor, since a person is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Trevor has not been proven guilty(and may never be), so don't go acting like what he's charged with is completely true(yet).

Gopher Warrior, how do you see the value of Damien Johnson? I'm curious on your opinion?

Excuse me? If you cannot see the value of DJ then you have no business posting here or watching basketball for that matter.

Top Bottom