Tubby quote on Mbakwe

Looks like you proved everything I said. Where were your facts to back up your claims on that one? Still waiting on your sources?

Underground, I challenge you to a "post-off"....Mono-e-mono. The winner gets bragging rights. Ill find the judges you pick the time...

ps: We are NIT bound even with the thrashing over Penn State, ohh yah we won by 2 points. White expected to play v. Ohio State, he was not allowed and he quit the team. My facts were not wrong, the outcome was and we lost White for now.

I feel like a stalker .. a few new depo's in Trevors case Friday ..

96 02/05/2010 DEPOSITION OF: SPARKLE DAVIS
95 02/05/2010 DEPOSITION OF: DERON POSEY
94 02/05/2010 DEPOSITION OF: ANA DAVIS-MBAKWE

I'm wondering if his mom was down there does it look more like they'll be going to trial this week?

Whatever happens we need Trevor for two more years. Bringing him back this year, to me, would be such a waste.

I have not yet seen a single post on what would happen if Mbakwe is found guilty. Is this a taboo subject?

If a verdict goes against him, would he really be kicked off the team? He has already been quite severely punished by sitting out this year.

Discuss...

I have not yet seen a single post on what would happen if Mbakwe is found guilty. Is this a taboo subject?

Not at all. I don't think his being kicked off the team will be an issue if he's found guilty. From what I've read it's a third degree felony punishable of up to 15 years in prison. For Mbakwe at least basketball should be the least of his worries. This is pretty serious sh-t.

If a verdict goes against him, would he really be kicked off the team? He has already been quite severely punished by sitting out this year.

Discuss...

Absolutely, if he is found guilty, I don't think they blink when releasing him from the team.

Maybe it's a second degree felony ..

Battery And Aggravated Battery Charges In Florida
Battery is defined as an unlawful and intentional touching or striking of another person against the will of that other person. A person who commits such a battery commits a misdemeanor of the first degree which is punishable by up to one year in the county jail. [Florida Statute 784.03] If you have committed a prior battery, and were found “guilty” of the prior charge, even if adjudication was withheld – you may be charged with a felony battery on a second or later battery, which becomes a third degree felony punishable by up to five years in the state prison system. Also – if you are charged with a misdemeanor battery that involved a family member or other person who qualifies as a domestic partner – a conviction, even as a misdemeanor, will bar you thereafter from ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition.

A felony battery is generally covered by Florida Statute 784.041. This statute makes it a crime to commit a battery where the victim suffers great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement even if the type of injury that occurs was not intended. It is a third degree felony when so charged, however it can also be charged under a more serious statute as an “aggravated battery”.

An “aggravated battery” is charged under Florida Statute 784.045, and is a battery committed against a pregnant woman who the defendant was aware (or should have known) was pregnant; or is a battery where a deadly weapon was used; or is a battery where the defendant intentionally caused great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the victim. An aggravated battery is a second degree felony punishable by up to fifteen years imprisonment in the Florida prison system, and may also carry a mandatory minimum sentence.

The serious nature of the charge is exactly why I have no problem with the suspension.

If a verdict goes against him, would he really be kicked off the team?

If the worst were to happen and there was a mandatory sentence he might be .. I don't even want to go there. I've behaved ( pretty much all of my life ) .. I'm not sure how terrifying the thought of possibly going to prison would be.

Underground, I challenge you to a "post-off"....Mono-e-mono. The winner gets bragging rights. Ill find the judges you pick the time...

ps: We are NIT bound even with the thrashing over Penn State, ohh yah we won by 2 points. White expected to play v. Ohio State, he was not allowed and he quit the team. My facts were not wrong, the outcome was and we lost White for now.

Lol, you already lost.

It's mono y mono.

Discuss...

Are you really that stupid? I cannot believe you even asked that question. Do you even realize that if convicted, Trevor faces some serious jail time?

Your post wins stupid post of the year, hands down!!

Are you really that stupid? I cannot believe you even asked that question. Do you even realize that if convicted, Trevor faces some serious jail time?

Your post wins stupid post of the year, hands down!!

I hardly think his post required that nasty of a response. What happens if Mbakwe ends up plea bargaining to a far lesser charge- for example? It's not really a stupid question at all. I think we have heard Tubby say that you never close the door on anybody. So while I doubt he's ever back here if he's convicted of something- it's a question worth asking.

I hardly think his post required that nasty of a response. What happens if Mbakwe ends up plea bargaining to a far lesser charge- for example? It's not really a stupid question at all. I think we have heard Tubby say that you never close the door on anybody. So while I doubt he's ever back here if he's convicted of something- it's a question worth asking.

+1

Art, I agree with you. I have been wondering why everyone thinks Mbakwe is so great. Looking at this team, he could probably add a few things, but to view him as a huge impact player is a bit premature.

I'm not sure where anyone's said he's going to be an all-american. The one thing he can do, provide tough interior defense and rebound, is something this team really lacks. I think that's why people think he'd be a good asset to the team. He's a piece of the puzzle we don't have right now.

I get less excited by what the charge is per the specific state or jurisdiction and more about what people did / are convicted of. At the end of the day, you need to lok at the specifics of the matter. In this case, if Mbakwe pleads guilty to a 'lesser charge', but in the plea admits to going up to a girl and punching her in the face, I won't say, "oooh, but it's only a gross misdemeanor, not a felony... get him on the court!" Anyway, I hope 1. he had nothing to do with what he is accused of and 2. that if he is innocent, he's cleared soon and goes on to have a great career at the U and beyond.

I'll ask again, what exactly has Mbakwe accomplished that makes people think he's the savior to this program? He played like 10 games at Marquette and was a non-factor and then played JUCO ball for a year which is the equivalent of a pick-up game at Lifetime Fitness. How does that translate into the All-American status some folks are making him out to be?

Please show me where anyone said anything about him being a savior or an All-American? An important piece of the puzzle yes but no one said he was a savior or All-American!

I think the general public will trust the coaches and some people who actually have a basketball background on how good they think he can be over some tool who spits on little kids and kicks dogs whenever he sees them!

Top Bottom