Tubby on AM1500 Right Now

BarnBoy

Reaction score
Tubby on AM1500 Right Now

AM 1500

Nothing on their website regarding this ... was Tubby even on?

yes, he was on.

i did miss the first few minutes of the interview and i am paraphrasing quite a bit here: they talked about the current situations, some of what tubby expects to see from royce & devron (he is not at liberty to talk about everything involving royce and devron's situations) to show him and the university that they deserve and have earned their way back onto the team. he also mentioned that he supports maturi's decision about what is going on with trevor and that others should understand that it is an entirely different animal in terms of how it has to be dealt with and viewed by the u of m, the coaching staff, trevor, fans, etc. matt was not a typical talk-radio jerk about any of it, which was good to see. they then finished up talking about the team as a whole, where tubby thinks the team is at, how different players are progressing, etc.

perhaps they will put it up as an "on demand" download later, if they do that with matt's shows. not sure.

Thanks for posting. It will be pretty interesting to see how everything plays out. I wonder why the details on Royce have leaked but not Devron.

yes, he was on.

i did miss the first few minutes of the interview and i am paraphrasing quite a bit here: they talked about the current situations, some of what tubby expects to see from royce & devron (he is not at liberty to talk about everything involving royce and devron's situations) to show him and the university that they deserve and have earned their way back onto the team. he also mentioned that he supports maturi's decision about what is going on with trevor and that others should understand that it is an entirely different animal in terms of how it has to be dealt with and viewed by the u of m, the coaching staff, trevor, fans, etc. matt was not a typical talk-radio jerk about any of it, which was good to see. they then finished up talking about the team as a whole, where tubby thinks the team is at, how different players are progressing, etc.

perhaps they will put it up as an "on demand" download later, if they do that with matt's shows. not sure.

Thanks for posting. It will be pretty interesting to see how everything plays out. I wonder why the details on Royce have leaked but not Devron.

come on now. you know the media in general never misses an "opportunity" to "further assist" in the publicized defamation of sports figures or other high-profile individuals! ;)

that and i am getting the feeling that there are definitely some “rats” within the U of M AD dept who leak stuff to the media and their friends or colleagues at other schools. :pig:

It's available through ITunes but is not on demand on AM 1500s website. Just search for "Matt Thomas on am1500 KSTP" in the ITunes store to find it (don't worry, it's free).

Not a ton of new info from Tubby on the situation other than it does sound like Royce will remain on the team (aside from the suspension) and that he may be looking at some community service. Tubby also later praises Royce for his on the court efforts. He says Royce has never been a problem on the court and that he's excited for his entire freshman class.

It's available through ITunes but is not on demand on AM 1500s website. Just search for "Matt Thomas on am1500 KSTP" in the ITunes store to find it (don't worry, it's free).

Not a ton of new info from Tubby on the situation other than it does sound like Royce will remain on the team (aside from the suspension) and that he may be looking at some community service. Tubby also later praises Royce for his on the court efforts. He says Royce has never been a problem on the court and that he's excited for his entire freshman class.

Ample time with the Macy security guard he manhandled would be a good start. Unless he changes his ways, it would be good OJT for a future career.

Its disgusting how many young athletes emulate the numerous NBA type thugs and goons. Yet they ignore the good guys out there.

Or, more accurately, they get less press coverage when they do good things. NBA players probably do more charitable work than players of any other sport, simply as an effort by players and the NBA itself to combat that image

Top Bottom