Tubby flew to D.C. this morning

page0066

Reaction score
A friend of mine just called me and told me that Tubby Smith and Tim McNiff was on a plane to Washington D.C. with him this morning. Can anyone think of a reason why? Probably recruiting, I suppose. I don't think that McNiff even does sports anymore, so I'm assuming that it's just coincidental that they were both on the plane.

Undoubtedly he's going to DC to be named the Wizards' next head coach, taking over for interim coach Randy Wittman. Expect an announcement within the hour.

John Wall has already protested the hire, indicating he wants to transfer back to the University of Kentucky.

EYBL is in Hampton, VA this weekend... A few hours south of DC, but may be doing some other things today...

I am surprised that no one brought up the VA Tech opening yet. I am sure his name will be in the mix as it seems it is in every other opening.

McNiff was going to do some sort of piece with David Gregory of Meet The Press.

Tubby plays golf in a lot of fund raisers all over the country. I wouldn't put a lot of concern about a guy getting on a plan.

Tubby plays golf in a lot of fund raisers all over the country. I wouldn't put a lot of concern about a guy getting on a plan.

He wouldn't fly into DC to interview for the VA Tech job, that would be like flying into Minneapolis for an interview halfway between Madison and Chicago.

Doesn't he have family in DC and the Nike Tournament in Hampton.

A friend of mine just called me and told me that Tubby Smith and Tim McNiff was on a plane to Washington D.C. with him this morning. Can anyone think of a reason why? Probably recruiting, I suppose. I don't think that McNiff even does sports anymore, so I'm assuming that it's just coincidental that they were both on the plane.

He was
They were

Just saying.

Hes at eybl.

Rumor is he is going out for a one on one with President Obama to discuss foreign policy issues. Obama will thank him with some free Solyndra solar panels for his house, that will include government subsidized installation by union employees.

macgopher said:
Rumor is he is going out for a one on one with President Obama to discuss foreign policy issues. Obama will thank him with some free Solyndra solar panels for his house, that will include government subsidized installation by union employees.

I heard he is rumored to be taking Obamas job.

A friend of my friends sister's friend said he saw Tubby at Kohls buying jeans this morning. So he couldn't have been on a plane.

Was he at the mall with Royce?

I heard from a reliable source close to the situation that Tubby met with the Secretary of Defense to discuss a new scheme for National Defense.

I heard he is rumored to be taking Obamas job.

He definitely could. If the public doesn't grant Obama an extension this November, I would bet my house that he is gone before February 2013.

Top Bottom