Tubby changing strategy

station19

Reaction score
Is Tubby changing to his personnel or is he adapting to the Big Ten?

Thoughts

I would say to his players, but that is just my opinion. Gotta play to your players strengths...

They need to keep playing this way. Idk...it could just be the players playing with home court advantage, who knows. If they play the way the did against Wisconsin they can beat anyone in the country.

He's certainly finally taking advantage of his players offensive strengths. The high low is very effective with Colt and RSIII, they're using DJ in the post when he has an advantage, and spreading things out when they go with DJ and Carter at the same time. Plus the guards are feeding the post more and using screens much better.

On D we're not as good on ball or pressing without Nolan but the strength we do have is length and size so the zone is taking away the inside and forcing teams to beat us shooting 3's with a hand in their face

He's certainly finally taking advantage of his players offensive strengths. The high low is very effective with Colt and RSIII, they're using DJ in the post when he has an advantage, and spreading things out when they go with DJ and Carter at the same time. Plus the guards are feeding the post more and using screens much better.

On D we're not as good on ball or pressing without Nolan but the strength we do have is length and size so the zone is taking away the inside and forcing teams to beat us shooting 3's with a hand in their face

The screens have definitely improved in the last couple games too. Colt has really showed improvement in this area.

GBM

I would say to his players, but that is just my opinion. Gotta play to your players strengths...

I tend to agree with this.

He is playing the hand he has been dealt. You can't play the hand you wish you had and expect good results.

In case I have not said it lately, "I am THRILLED and PROUD to say, Head Coach of the Golden Gophers, TUBBY SMITH!"

:clap::clap::clap:

Top Bottom