Tubby ball...a few comments

clemhaskin

Reaction score
My buddy(high school head coach) made a few good comments last night. Tubby teams are always going to struggle playing teams with better athletes and quicker players...because their system relies on them being faster and quicker. Which is why we rarely get upset...we maybe have lost 2 or 3 games as favorites in the last 2 years...and why we struggle with the Sparties and Purdue of the Big 10. NW, Mich, and Wisky have a system that can slow down a team like Mich St...we try going toe for toe with them and get anally raped. I don't like our chances today...predict we get down BIG early have maybe lose by about 10. Looks like a good game to make some coin...Bucknuts - 4.5

My buddy(high school head coach) made a few good comments last night. Tubby teams are always going to struggle playing teams with better athletes and quicker players...because their system relies on them being faster and quicker. Which is why we rarely get upset...we maybe have lost 2 or 3 games as favorites in the last 2 years...and why we struggle with the Sparties and Purdue of the Big 10. NW, Mich, and Wisky have a system that can slow down a team like Mich St...we try going toe for toe with them and get anally raped. I don't like our chances today...predict we get down BIG early have maybe lose by about 10. Looks like a good game to make some coin...Bucknuts - 4.5

Tubby Ball has won 425 games (lost 163) over the past 17.5 years. That's > 24 W per season. Few coaches average > 24 W per season. Roy Williams, Coach K, a handful of others.

He beats favorites and loses to underdogs. He loses to favorites and beats underdogs.

I know Tubby's resume. What I'm trying to say is that we just have the players in place yet to beat the good teams with Tubby's system.

FOT quote:

And I'm saying that Tubby Ball W some that figure to be L and vice versa.

You are absolutely correct: Any of us that have coached BB for years can say the same thing. It happens to the best of us. As I like to say....You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out.

Back in my day we had to shovel off the BB court to play in the wintertime.

So how many teams consistently win against quicker and more athletic opponents?

I think Tubby's system is like any system. It can win, but it can also be beaten.

The teams that win are the teams that take the most expensive drugs. Just ask A-Rod.

More than some, GHF, more than some, my friend.

Back in my day we had to shovel off the BB court to play in the wintertime.
That's nothing. In my day, we had to clear the trees out so we'd have enough room for a court. Pulling those stumps by hand was hard work. :cool:

In my day we had to slaughter a pig, tear out its stomach, and then inflate it, or maybe I'm amish.

In my day if you wanted to blow dry your hair you stood outside during a hurricane.

In my day I had to walk 2 miles to school and back home, up hill both ways and against the wind both ways. But I eventually learned to drive a car.

Top Bottom