Tubby Article

So the facility was paid for by private donations rather than out of the school budget or funds allocated by the legislature? Is that the way it is done at most schools? Truth suggests the facility was given by the AD to Tubby but FOT suggests that Tubby was a major mover in getting the funds raised. When was the facility completed? How would Minnesota best go about getting a facility built? FOT does your work involve examining lots of statistics or is this more of a personal hobby for you?

Tubby's friend Joe Craft (also UK alumnus) from Tulsa gave the last few Million $ or the building would not have been built. Private funding had stalled.

Hobby but I work in insurance (where stats are naturally involved) and have an Industrial Engineering background (ditto on the stats in IE).

The Craft Center was done with private funds. I don't want to bore you with the history of the Kentucky Athletics Department but I will say that the AD before Mitch Barnhardt wasn't as dedicated to providing or updating facilities in any sport as Mitch is. Most of these projects are undertaken with private funds I believe. I know Florida's were as one of my Great-Uncles wrote a rather large check a few years ago to fund their basketball facility.

As far as statistics I refer you to Mark Twain on that account. Case in point: That number 1 Juco player? Washed out after a year due to drugs and partying after being in the doghouse with Coach Smith most of the year, ended up at Fresno State were he was involved in a robbery of a disabled person and got kicked out of school.

I'm not blaming any of Rekalin's poor choices or associations on Coach Smith but rather illustrating that without context stats are easily distorted or their value is highly overstated.

Rekalin Sims' final 2 schools were UK (coached by Tubby) and Texas A&M (coached by Billy Gillispie). Any attempted smear of Tubby also goes on Gillispie then.

Tubby had NOTHING to do with Sims' poor choices after leaving UK.

Top Bottom